ActionAid South Africa
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to take on the role of Finance Officer. The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to develop, promote and practice ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and strategy. The position will provide support to the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager with specific assigned responsibility of accounts payable, travel advances, partner advances and account reconciliations.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Three year Fixed Term Contract on Local Terms and Conditions
A total cost to company package of R300 000 per annum is offered
Start Date: 16 February 2015, or as soon as possible
Main Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Work with the Finance Manager and the Senior Finance Officer to capture and process all finance related transactions, reconciliations, and employee expense reports;
- Prepare payments for AASA Annual return submissions;
- Prepare and make submissions the VAT Refund claims in line with local laws;
- Review and submit to SARS the monthly PAYE, UIF and SDL amounts due, before the 7th of every month on SARS e-filing;
- Review and prepare Payroll on a monthly basis in the absence of the Finance Assistant;
- Perform the tax year end reconciliation;
- Carrying out partner pre-award survey and partner’s financial management capability assessment;
- Assisting in processing disbursements for partners;
- Process staff advances and reconciliation;
- Assist in partner audits and partner reporting;
- Train partner staff and building capacity;
- Input of accounting entries into Sun Systems. Ensure there is proper supporting documentation for all payments and other accounting entries;
- Maintain subsidiary records for advances, debtors and creditors using Sun Systems. Ensure that these balances are kept accurate and up to date;
- Reconciliations of monthly petty cash advances, debtor and creditors;
- And any other reasonable adhoc duties.
- Minimum of an Accounting Diploma (NQF5), Finance or other related area. A degreed individual with high aptitude may be considered for appointment;
- Must have worked for at least two years in an Accounts department, preferably in an NGO environment;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computerized accounting packages. Sun Systems will be an advantage;
- Must have at least one years’ experience on Sage VIP Payroll;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Behavioural competencies and skills
- Strong cross cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles;
- Can work both independently, and well as with others;
- Fluency in English is required, as well as at least one other South African language;
- Flexible and enthusiastic;
- Show initiative and be self-motivated;
- Driver’s License;
- High level of integrity;
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values and strategy.
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter and a minimum of two nominated referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 18 January 2015. Interviews will be held in Johannesburg between the 30 January and 06 February 2015. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the email subject line.
Due to high volumes of applications, we can only correspond with short listed candidates. Should you not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time. Preference will be given to South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency.
All applications will be considered on their individual merit.