ActionAid South Africa
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a young vibrant candidate to join our Finance Team. You will be doing meaningful work with amazing people. In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced, stimulating and fun environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
Availability: 16 February 2015, or as soon as possible
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Undergraduate qualification in Finance, or studying towards a qualification;
- Writing and communication skills;
- Computer literacy to an intermediate level, especially Excel spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of / experience working in the South African civil Society context.
Main duties may include but not limited to:
- Finance administration;
- Assisting in processing disbursements for partners;
- Preparing of payments to creditors;
- Assist with the input of accounting entries into SUN Systems. Ensure there is proper supporting documentation for all payments and other accounting entries;
- Monthly reconciliations – petty cash advances, debtor and creditors;
- Prepare ageing schedules by analysing data and research sources;
- Ensure that staff advances are settled in a timely manner by issuing regular staff advance account reports, making them available to staff;
- Filing of Finance documents & preparing the Audit documents;
- Follow up with Programmes Internal and External customers for missing documents like invoices;
- And any other reasonable adhoc duties.
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter and a minimum of two nominated referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 18 January 2015. Interviews will be held in Johannesburg between the 30 January and 06 February 2015. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Due to high volumes of applications, we can only correspond with short listed candidates. Should you not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time. Preference will be given to South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency.
All applications will be considered on their individual merit.