ActionAid International: Senior Planning Advisor
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 - 18:22
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, April 18, 2012
ActionAid International seeks to appoint a Senior Planning Advisor, based preferably in Johannesburg.
S/he will lead the implementation of AAI’s new three-year and annual planning processes as agreed by senior management, assessing whether individual plans of units within AAI’s Federation come together to deliver the strategic goals of the organisation as well as to identify specific gaps and related potential actions. S/he will facilitate cross-directorate working so that planning requirements link directly to other work being undertaken.
- Identify improvements to the planning and reporting cycle and creating plans to implement these improvements;
- Maintain and update key process models which support the planning and reporting cycle;
- Facilitate the linkage between Planning / Management Information Systems and the other teams within Organisational Effectiveness and to ensure that Key Performance Indicators are aligned and monitored;
- Ensure the efficient collection and use of planning and reporting data through intelligent use of technology and regular review of systems and processes.
- Relevant postgraduate degree coupled with at least five years experience working in a complex, multi-location planning and reporting environment that includes proven experience in change management and implementation, ideally relating to planning and reporting frameworks;
- Knowledge of and experience in ActionAid planning (both the IS and Federation) or of a similar NGO environment is highly desired for the successful candidate;
- Ability to manage demanding and often conflicting priorities, overcoming difficulties and challenges to achieve key results with project management skills, knowledge and experience;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and influencing as well as fluent oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of French, Portuguese or Spanish will be an advantage;
- High level of integrity, great self-awareness and a positive and flexible attitude;
- Strong commitment to a human rights based approach to development;
- Champion women's rights and value working with diverse cultures and the poor and marginalised groups.
Salary: GB£45 489 per annum.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter with ‘Senior Planning Advisor’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
ActionAid SA is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid International reserves the right to withdraw any of its advertised positions at any time.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.