ActionAid International: Programme Officer - Corporates and Natural Resources
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 08:34
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, July 6, 2012
ActionAid has recently approved its Strategy for 2012-2017, ‘People’s Action to End Poverty’, which reaffirms the organisational commitment to a human rights-based approach to development. A key part of our new strategy focuses on staff and staff capacity building, implementation of global HR systems and effective HR policies and processes.
ActionAid International seeks to appoint a Programme Officer - Corporates and Natural Resources, based in Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a three-year fixed term contract position. Local Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply.
The person will promote coherence between local, national and international work on the role of corporations in control of natural resources. The role has a global remit, but with special emphasis on Fair, Green & Global (FGG) project in Southern and Eastern Africa (Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa), working to improve local control of land, water, and other resources in the face of increasing control being granted to private companies.
- Relevant degree / Masters or equivalent experience coupled with at least five years experience working in an international agency or across countries on natural resources and corporate accountability. This is underpinned by a comprehensive understanding of rights-based programme practice and the ability to link this work to national and international influencing work;
- The ideal candidate can be described as energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment with strong networking/relationship-building skills- ability to anticipate, coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness;
- High capacity for work output in order to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities are essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (additionally French and Portuguese will be an advantage), especially the ability to inform and engage through written communication;
- Strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values, and strategy.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees completed application form to email@example.com. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.