ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 13 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 40 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
Directorate of Programmes
International Humanitarian Programme Manager (IHART)
Location: Any country in Africa or Asia where ActionAid has an office
National Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply
Contract Duration: 3 years fixed term
Salary Offer: £45 489 plus benefits
A career development opportunity exists at ActionAid International, to lead ActionAid’s Humanitarian response to the Haiyan Typhoon in Philippines, with responsibility for overall project management; managing international / National staff; support building capacity of the ActionAid Team; Identify and work with partners; connect with peer organisation and influence the humanitarian actors and their perspectives in line with ActionAid’s priorities; oversee the compliance to the law of the land; and plan and oversee ActionAid’s phase out with the completion of the Humanitarian response.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in leading a multifunctional team in a complex environment;
- Demonstrates understanding and experience of international Humanitarian issues;
- Self-driven, organised and results-oriented people leader;
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated capacity to work effectively with others;
- Exceptional report writing abilities;
- Innovation and rights based programming;
- Minimum 5 years’ programme experience in international humanitarian assistance, some of which should have been gained overseas;
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Familiarity, networking and working relationships with donors and partner organisations;
- Demonstrated ability to review, synthesise information and produce appropriate reports;
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment.
Proven track record of strong people leadership in project development and management in humanitarian assistance
- Post graduate degree in Humanitarian/development or other relevant discipline
Further information relating to this position can be obtained from our website at www.actionaid.org/jobs.
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation letter and two names of your nominated referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 December 2013. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.