The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
ActionAid International seeks to appoint an International Digital Campaigner, based in Rio, Johannesburg, Nairobi, London or Bangkok.
The person will be responsible for developing ActionAid International’s digital campaigning strategy across the organisation, working closely with International Communications, International Fundraising and member countries to ensure harmonisation of digital activism plans. In the role, you will coordinate the development of pilot projects which harmonise fundraising and campaigning supporter recruitment and retention strategies. You will also provide strategic advice on the development and use of new tools for digital campaigning and take a lead role in proposing and implementing creative ideas to develop ActionAid’s campaigns.
- Relevant degree (or equivalent experience) as well as at least two years experience of digital campaigning in a supporter based organisation, including writing web copy and producing effective online content for a range of audiences;
- Exceptional communication (oral and written English) and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of public speaking, delivering training, clearly communicating complex information, and developing and delivering compelling digital campaigns to recruit and retain supporters;
- Strong knowledge of the current best practices in web design and mass emailing, as well as digital marketing;
- Experience in using mobile technologies for campaigning and a good understanding of online communications tactics, including social media;
- Knowledge of and experience in website creation processes, including experience with a graphics package (like Photoshop) and working with open source CMS Systems (Drupal will be preferred).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work to deadlines under pressure, taking projects forward without supervision;
- Flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex and diverse activities in a changing environment and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and learning, you will need strong analytical skills, including experience with web analytics;
- Commitment to team work and strong collaborative, influencing and diplomacy skills;
- Strong commitment to a human rights based approach to development; champion women's rights and value working with diverse cultures and poor and marginalised groups, being aligned to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values.
For more information and full job description, refer to www.actionaid.org/jobs.
Salary: GB£35 800 (may vary by location), Local Terms and Conditions of Service - no expatriate (‘Plus’) benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to email@example.com. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
ActionAid International warmly welcomes applications from all sections of the community, but we aim to promote diversity by encouraging women and people living with disability to apply. Only citizens of or individuals with permanent residency in the named locations need apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.