The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
Action Aid International seeks to appoint a Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, based in Johannesburg.
The position focuses on the setting of monitoring standards, developing guidelines, processes and tools for monitoring ActionAid’s International Strategy.
- Build the capacity of M&E specialists based in countries;
- Coordinate the provision of peer support across the AAI federation;
- Provide technical advice as part of a horizontal working group to specific programmes of work (including campaigning and policy) as outlined in AAI’s International Strategy and depending on their knowledge area and interest, ranging from governance, women’s rights, education and youth, sustainable livelihoods and emergency response;
- Support a wider network of M&E Specialists working on programmes within other directorates and countries.
- Masters’ degree (or equivalent experience) in development related social sciences with a research component;
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in international development/human rights programming, having preferably worked internationally in more than one region;
- Understand and committed to the human rights based approach (including women’s rights) with knowledge of methodologies that are effective in quantitative and qualitative M&E of HRBA Programming currently deployed in the sector;
- Experience in HRBA Programming and Monitoring, including working with partners and social movement and/or designing and monitoring campaigns internationally (both southern and northern contexts) are crucial;
- Multi-media/on-line communication and training skills is highly desirable;
- Excellent, proactive communicator and facilitator with fluency in English (French, Spanish or Portuguese fluency will be an advantage);
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and provide technical support and working effectively with diverse working styles at a distance internationally in an environment of complexity and change
- Cross-cultural awareness and a highly flexible approach;
- Analytical and conceptual skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Personal commitment to strengthening and building the vision, mission and values of ActionAid International.
Salary: R546 629.33 per annum, national terms and conditions of employment will apply.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter highlighting specifically how you meet the criteria for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Due to high volumes of applications received, ActionAid International can only correspond with shortlisted applicants.
Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid International will not consider candidates from recruitment agencies. ActionAid reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT