ActionAid International: Head of Planning and Information Management
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 14:37
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, March 5, 2012
ActionAid has recently approved its Strategy for 2012-2017, ‘People’s Action to End Poverty’, which reaffirms the organisational commitment to a human rights-based approach to development. A key part of our new strategy focuses on staff and staff capacity building, implementation of global HR systems and effective HR policies and processes.
ActionAid International seeks to appoint an Head of Planning and Information Management, based in Johannesburg or London. International Terms and Conditions will apply.
S/he will lead and coordinate the International Secretariat and Federation Planning and Reporting processes and systems, ensuring alignment of different IS and Federation wide financial planning processes, developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators in line with the approved international strategy. S/he will oversee the preparation of the annual report and report to the Global Accountability charter. This role will be pivotal to re-invigorate Management Information Systems.
- Postgraduate degree related to planning and systems development with academic and professional credibility coupled with five to seven years professional experience, preferably with an international development/human rights organisation;
- Minimum of three years experience in leading organisation-wide strategic planning initiatives;
- Ability to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of French, Spanish, Portuguese, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali, or Swahili is highly desirable;
- Committed leader with the potential to develop authority, credibility and visibility throughout the organisation and externally;
- Ability to negotiate and influence change sensitively with multiple stakeholders in a complex international environment;
- Excellent facilitation and advisory skills as well as people management skills;
- Ability to work in a team across a large organisation and distance management;
- Experience in data systems and management, especially managing cross functional MIS projects;
- Abilities to deliver and coordinate projects within multifunctional teams and international teams, where there is no direct line authority;
- Commitment to a human rights based approach to development;
- Champion women's rights and value working with diverse cultures and the poor and marginalised groups;
- Willingness to travel extensively.
For more information and requirements, refer to http://www.actionaid.org/jobs/head-planning-and-information-management.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter with ‘Head of Planning and Information Management’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens or persons with permanent residency need apply.
ActionAid SA is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.