ActionAid International: Financial Reporting Accountant
Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - 18:37
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, July 18, 2012
ActionAid International seeks to appoint a proactive, innovative and results driven Financial Reporting Accountant, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The person will report to the Financial Reporting Manager and will be responsible for the receipt and follow up of financial reports from AAI entities; follow-up and implementation of key guidance on technical accounting issues; providing hands-on support and guidance to the Heads of Finance in AAI entities, supporting the production of group reports and statutory accounts as well as routine maintenance of the TM1 system.
Key responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the integrity of organisation wide financial data;
- Financial reporting up to Assembly, Board, Board Committee and International Director level;
- Support with the plans and budgets process;
- Support to the International Secretariat with data or information that influences decision making;
- Support in improving accounting policies or technical issues.
- Professional accountancy qualification and three years of professional experience;
- Experience of financial reporting including production of annual accounts;
- Experience of financial consolidation/aggregation packages is an added advantage;
- Experience of electronic accounting packages;
- Proven track record in management and motivation of technically skilled staff;
- Ability to think strategically and to prioritise competing demands, to influence a peer group;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and way of working;
- Strong influencing skills and ability to positively build peer working relationships and be effective without having to rely on authority.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.