ActionAid International: Country Director - DRC
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 16:25
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, May 7, 2012
ActionAid Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) (AADRC) is a Country Programme of ActionAid International. In DRC, ActionAid works in partnership with poor communities and local partners and in collaboration with Government, Inter-governmental agencies, development agencies, social movements and civil society coalitions and networks to eradicate poverty and injustice.
ActionAid International seeks to appoint a Country Director for the DRC, based in Kinshasa, DRC.
ActionAid International has recently unveiled its new strategy and the AAI DRC country programme is also currently finalising its first country strategy paper that will drive its agenda and mission over the next few years. Therefore the organisation is looking for a committed and inspirational Country Director to align the two strategies, lead and implement the aligned country strategy to provide quality program management, policy and advocacy work as well as lead on other organisational systems using the human rights based approach to development, to drive the needed change agenda both at national and international levels for DRC.
- Postgraduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and at least 10 years proven track record in leading and managing institutions and development programmes as well as either being part of social movements or an active member of civil society;
- Commitment to gender equity and empowering management practices;
- Be value driven and possess strong networking, people and financial management skills; Have the perspectives and competencies for rights-based and policy advocacy work, fundraising and donor relations, regional and international linkages;
- Sound basis of organisational development;
- Show courage of conviction in taking a public stand against issues of injustice;
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Vacancies.Africa@actionaid.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Applications are also particularly welcome from qualified candidates living with HIV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.