Directorate of International Fundraising and Communications
Contract Management System - Project Manager
Location: Johannesburg or London preferred
18 months fixed term contract, (part-time) 3 days per week
International Grade E
Salary: £25 190 per annum
International terms and conditions will apply
This is an exciting opportunity to significantly shape ActionAid’s new Contract Management System (CMS) – a system which will significantly contribute to ActionAid’s goal of significantly increasing income from Institutional and High Value donors by helping to effectively track our fundraising efforts and monitor donor contracts.
Key responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of the Project Charter and keep it updated (project definition, problem or issue to be addressed, scope, resource requirements, expected business results, risks, milestones and timelines);
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan;
- Ensure that project deliverables are met in line with the project plan;
- Record and manage project issues and escalating where necessary;
- Ensure that that Project Team members work collaboratively to ensure continuity, synergy and best use of resources;
- Working closely with the Project Leader, coordinate project communications ensuring that stakeholders are kept informed of progress and the team is kept informed about key issues to consider in the project;
- Oversee the engagement of service providers ensuring the process is effective, fair and transparent;
- Support contract negotiation ensuring that risks are effectively mitigated;
- Manage the delivery of service providers to ensure that deadlines are met and services are provided to the agreed standard within the defined budget;
- Manage the User Acceptance Testing programme;
- Working closely with users, ensure the project meets business needs;
- Coordinate other system development tasks articulated in the project plan.
- Relevant project management or related qualification;
- Experience and/or knowledge of developing and implementing new systems (please note that this role does not require significant fundraising, IT or finance knowledge – only experience of working in these environments);
- Building external networks;
- Experience of managing complex and geographically diverse projects;
- Fully conversant with and able to use Microsoft Project Management for the development and on-going management of projects;
- Experience and/or knowledge of ICT and management information systems particularly contract management systems;
- Experience and/or knowledge of developing and implementing new systems from scratch;
- Solid project management skills including team coordination;
- Very good communication skills (verbal and written) to work well in a global and multi-cultural context;
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with diverse stakeholders;
- English Language proficiency;
- Knowledge of French, Spanish and/ or Portuguese;
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by no later than 13th June 2014. Your application should consist of your up to date CV and motivation letter. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Further information relating to this position can be obtained from our website at www.actionaid.org/jobs
Please click on the hyperlink below and complete the form:
Equal Opportunities Employment Form
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid International will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.