ActionAid International: Campaigns and Advocacy Intern
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 16:34
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Saturday, May 12, 2012
ActionAid International seeks to appoint an Intern for its Campaigns and Advocacy Unit, based in Johannesburg.
The person will support the Campaigns and Advocacy unit in the programmes Directorate to provide effective and efficient administrative function and internal communications assistance, whilst gaining experience working in an international development organisation and developing new skills.
The incumbent will provide administrative, financial and communication support.
- The candidate must be studying towards or has completed a postgraduate degree in humanities/social sciences - international politics and development subject;
- Excellent IT skills with Microsoft Office and internet search;
- Interpersonal skills and the desire to accept ownership and accountability, whilst getting things done and meeting challenging goals;
- Ability to think ahead and decide on courses of action, ensuring that the resources required to implement the action will be available, and scheduling work required to achieve an end result;
- Ability to get ActionAid’s points across clearly, both orally and in writing, to ensure the organisation gets its key messages across in the right way;
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with others, both within and outside the organisation;
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective team working and partnerships;
- Actively commit to/and live the values of ActionAid International.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter with ‘Campaigns and Advocacy Intern’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.