ActionAid Denmark: Coordinator
The people4change programme (People4Change) is a capacity development programme, which supports partner organisations and ActionAid units attaining their programme objectives through placement of long and short term development professionals. Several evaluations have highlighted the significant relevance of the programme in ActionAid and the programme is going to expand significantly in the coming years.
AADK seeks to appoint a resourceful and structured Coordinator to coordinate and further implement the People4Change programme in East and West Africa. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The new People4Change coordinator will be part of the People4Change team in ActionAid Denmark. The team consists of three full time staff, of which two are based in Denmark. The new People4Change Coordinator will be based in Nairobi at the AAI hub, which is composed of a mix of international staff. This provides good opportunities for networking and cooperating with key AAI units. In addition to a strong professionalism and efficiency, the People4Change team is characterised by an informal and cooperative work culture. The team values independence, flexibility and initiative and that team members are mutually supportive to reach high quality results.
Overall implementation and day to day activities surrounding the programme, amongst other things:
- Identify new placements, provide overall support to countries implementing People4Change;
- Assess job descriptions and terms of references;
- Facilitate and support Advisor recruitment processes;
- Establish and maintain close contact to key stakeholders in AAI for the purpose of smooth integration of the programme into AAI and effective implementation;
- In cooperation with the Training Centre in Tanzania (TCDC) monitor and support the on-going online induction of Advisors and Inspirators;
- In close cooperation with the HRBA unit in ActionAid International, facilitate and support a smooth implementation of the HRBA pilot scheme, which involves eight Inspirator and five Advisors placements in five Countries;
- Identify location of a new People4Change recruitment hub, participate in the recruitment of the staff and make a thorough induction to the People4Change programme and the recruitment work. Once established, support the recruitment hub staff on a daily basis for optimal effectiveness and efficiency;
- Assemble and assess budgets and quarterly financial reporting, secure timely programme reporting – including Advisor and Inspirator reporting;
- Explore and carry out the possibilities of external fundraising opportunities and draft proposals to increase the sustainability of the programme;
- People4Change is part of the greater Capacity Development Centre in ActionAid Denmark. In the day to day work, the People4Change Coordinator will refer to the Head of People4Change, but ultimately refer to the Director of the Capacity Building Centre.
- Master’s degree in development studies or similar;
- Extensive work experience from developing countries – preferably with governance and rights based programmes.
- Experience with capacity building of organisations and individuals and have some experience within HR management;
- Successful experience with institutional fundraising and you have previously worked and navigated within large organisational structures and in multi-cultural settings;
- Flency in English and preferably also French;
- Political flair and very strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Experience from personnel sending organisations is an added value;
- First and foremost, strongly committed to the idea of building capacity and solidarity by bringing people together across borders. You have excellent cooperation skills and are a strong team player –also at a distance;
- Have initiative and a personal drive that make things happen and you are good at encouraging people around you.
- Position based in Nairobi, in a dynamic working environment;
- Basic salary under grade E of the standards of ActionAid International, which presently is 25865 dk.kr;
- Possible relocation allowance if applicable;
- Employment with AADK, benefits according to Danish standards;
- Periods with extensive travelling;
- Sparring and support from managers and high professional colleagues, opportunity to influence your job and organisation as well as development opportunities.
Starting date: 1 November 2012.
For enquiries regarding salary and benefits, contact HR officer Christina Vitale at email@example.com.
For enquiries regarding the programme and job content, contact Head of People4Change, Mette Hvilsby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online, click here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
First interview will be conducted on 21 September 2012 (via SKYPE) and the second (face-to-face) on 27 September 2012.
For more about People4Change, click here.
For more about ActionAid Denmark, refer to www.actionaid.dk/sw13950.asp.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.