Restless Development aims to be the banner carrier for youth-led development, globally and in
Zimbabwe – demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must
play a lead role in development. The Country Director is responsible for the overall health and direction of the organisation, and is the leader of the Restless Development (Zimbabwe) management team.
Organisational development, strategic planning, fundraising, financial management, program
quality & development, Board development, staff management, external relations and
organisational values are all key areas driven by the Country Director’s leadership.
The Country Director’s (CD’s) main duties, delivered directly and through leadership of the Zimbabwe Management Team, are:
- Leadership of Organisational Strategy and Direction
- Supervision and Support of Management Team
- Oversight of Programmes, Operations, Human Resources and Finances
- External Relations, Advocacy, Partnership Development
- Support to and Liaison with National Board
Skills and Qualifications
- Post Graduate-level Degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience
- At least four years senior management experience, international development experience preferred
- Senior management experience to include fundraising, programme, operations and human resources management, with some experience in charity sector preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, partnerships and donor relationship management
- Experience in distance management and working with multiple offices
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent written and spoken English, local languages preferred
- Excellent IT, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant national and international strategies and frameworks in the areas of youth empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, HIV and AIDS, livelihoods and other poverty-related development priorities preferred
If you are interested in taking up this challenge or would like to learn more about it please send us a CV and motivation letter and complete a bio -summary form, see the vacancies page on the Action Appointments website and email: email@example.com .