HigherLife Foundation (HLF) is a nonprofit human development organisation, encompassing five Trusts with operations in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Burundi and Lesotho. The Trusts have a specific focus on education, healthcare and technology as their primary channels to bring transformative development in Sub - Saharan Africa. HLF’s flagship Trust, Capernaum Trust, presently the largest privately funded scholarship program in Sub-Saharan Africa, provides full scholarships to thousands of students in primary school, high school and university. The scholarships are also renowned as a platform for the beneficiaries to attend some of the world¹s top educational institutions in the USA, United Kingdom and South Africa.
HigherLife Foundation seeks to appoint an Accountant, based in Lesotho.
- Budget monitoring and Control;
- Processing of payments;
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly cash flow projections;
- Reviewing and recommending systems of internal control and risk management;
- Attending audit planning and update meetings with management;
- Preparing financial statements for external audits;
- Maintaining a fixed assets register;
- Processing tax remittances and other statutory returns.
- Bachelor of Accountancy or a related degree in Finance. A professional qualification will be an added advantage;
- Use of a computerised accounting system an added advantage e.g. Pastel;
- Minimum of three years working experience in a similar position;
- Ability to work and succeed under limited supervision and guidance;
- Ability to communicate;
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and constantly changing environment.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates authorised to work in Lesotho without any restrictions need to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about HigherLife Foundation, refer to www.higherlifefoundation.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter athttp://twitter.com/SANGONeT.