ACCA South Africa Sustainability Reporting Awards
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global body for professional accountants. ACCA supports 147 000 members and 424 000 students throughout their careers, providing services through a network of 83 offices and active centres.
ACCA invites nominations for its tenth-year ACCA South Africa Sustainability Awards 2011.
ACCA Awards around the world reward companies for excellence in environmental, social and sustainability reporting. The aim of the awards is to identify and reward innovative attempts to communicate corporate performance, although we do not comment on the performance itself.
The aims of these awards are:
- To give recognition to those organisations which report and disclose environmental, social or full sustainability information;
- To encourage the uptake of environmental, social and sustainability reporting;
- To raise awareness of corporate transparency issues and increase accountability for responsiveness to stakeholders.
The winner of the Best Sustainability Report was the De Beers family of companies, who also won Best Sustainability Report - Resources and the runner-up was Exxaro resources Ltd. The winner of the Best Sustainability Report - non-resources was Vodacom and the runner-up was Netcare Limited. The winner of the Financial Sector was Santam limited and the runner-up was Standard Bank. Wilderness Holdings won the best newcomer category. Two commendations were given this year one to Sappi Limited and one to Old Mutual.
ACCA enourages nonprofits organisations to enter.
ACCA 2011 timetable:
- 15 May 2012: Deadline for submissions;
- June 2012: Award winners decided by the judging panel;
- October 2012: ACCA South Africa Sustainability - Reporting Awards 2011 Ceremony.
To download the application form, click here.
Enquiries: Melanie Williams, Tel: 011 459 1900, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, refer to www.accaglobal.com.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-