Abraham Kriel Childcare
Abraham Kriel Childcare (AKC) is a registered nonprofit organisation that provides childcare in the greater Johannesburg and East Rand in Gauteng.
AKC seeks to appoint a Section Head Baby Ward, based in Observatory, Johannesburg.
S/he will be a member of the multidisciplinary team, responsible for the managing of the baby ward section at Maria Kloppers Campus. S/he will provide support in all aspects of clinical care, staff development and management of the unit.
- Manage the baby ward section;
- Contribute to the development and improvement within the baby ward section;
- Help maintain materials, equipment and stock, reporting problems and defects in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Maintain an effective communication network; both verbal, written and electronic, informing staff of all matters pertaining to the wellbeing of the children in the department as well as assist the manager in all matters pertaining to the children;
- Participate in appraisal, in discussion with line manager;
- Develop an annual Personal Development Plan to identify training and development needs, in line with personal and organisational objectives of the staff members;
- Be aware of departmental policies and procedures, as well as the legal aspects pertaining to the legal aspects of childcare law;
- Ensure Health and Safety Legislation is complied with at all times, including workplace risk assessment control of Infection, as well as the wellbeing and risk to staff;
- Provide assistance in creating and enhancing the campaign list.
- Nursing degree a must have;
- Registered Nurse;
- Minimum of two years in managerial role or supervisory of staff;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to read, write English and Afrikaans;
- Managerial and administrative skills;
- Ability to identify the needs of the infant and toddler;
- Written and verbal communication;
- Ability to form positive relationships with staff and manager;
- Ability to be multi skilled, multi tasked and disciplined;
- Ability to manage staff and delegate responsibilities;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 839 3058.
For more about Abraham Kriel Childcare, refer to www.abrahamkriel.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.