Abraham Kriel Childcare: Childcare Worker
Friday, August 24, 2012 - 13:44
Abraham Kriel Childcare
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, November 30, 2012
Abraham Kriel Childcare seeks to recruit a Childcare Worker, based in Johannesburg.
The candidate will be a member of the multidisciplinary team, responsible for the well-being of the babies and toddlers in a baby ward.
- Oversee the care and wellbeing of the babies and toddlers;
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the unit;
- Assist with the physical and psychological care and wellbeing of the babies and toddlers;
- Ensure a safe and tidy environment, within the department, ensuring all measures are in place for the safety of the infants/ toddlers;
- Contribute to the development, psychological, physiological wellbeing of the infants/ toddlers at the centre;
- Ensure and responsible for the proper care of the infants/ toddlers through regular feeding, bathing, clothing etc. based on schedule provided by the manager baby ward;
- Ensure and maintain responsibility on the well-being and safety of the infants/toddlers within the centre at all times;
- Accompany and supervise the infants/ toddlers during journeys and outings, and or during play- time;
- Meet the emotional needs of the infants/ toddlers by comforting, cuddling, picking up and playing with them;
- Teach the toddlers basic good manners and ensure consistent enforcement of discipline within a given framework and boundaries
- Responsible for preparing and implementing prescribed stimulation programmes in building the baby/toddlers’ intellectual capabilities, introduce baby/toddlers’ to different spaces to expand their horizons; and
- Perform ongoing conversation with baby/toddlers’ to improve and expand their communication skills.
- Senior Certificate equivalent of NQF 4;
- Preferably childcare work experience;
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans a must.
- Natural ability to enjoy being around babies, toddlers and kids;
- Ability to identify the needs of the infant and toddler;
- Naturally good spirited, and an outgoing personality;
- Ability to be multi-skilled, multi-tasked and disciplined;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Reliability; and
- Stress tolerance.
Application forms can be received at Abraham Kriel Childcare offices or downloaded from their website www.abrahamkriel.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Abraham Kriel Childcare, refer to www.abrahamkriel.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.