Abraham Kriel Childcare
Abraham Kriel Childcare works to ensure the optimal development of traumatised children in need of care. The organisation cares for, develops, empowers and reintegrates traumatised children in need of care (as defined by the Children's Act) and where needed, their families through appropriate care models and therapeutic programmes, to enable them to function independently and to contribute to society.
Abraham Kriel Childcare seeks to recruit a Childcare Worker, based in Johannesburg.
The candidate will be a member of the multidisciplinary team, responsible for the well-being of the babies and toddlers in a baby ward.
- Oversee the care and wellbeing of the babies and toddlers;
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the unit;
- Assist with the physical and psychological care and wellbeing of the babies and toddlers;
- Ensure a safe and tidy environment, within the department, ensuring all measures are in place for the safety of the infants/ toddlers;
- Contribute to the development, psychological, physiological wellbeing of the infants/ toddlers at the centre;
- Ensure and responsible for the proper care of the infants/ toddlers through regular feeding, bathing, clothing etc. based on schedule provided by the manager baby ward;
- Ensure and maintain responsibility on the well-being and safety of the infants/toddlers within the centre at all times;
- Accompany and supervise the infants/ toddlers during journeys and outings, and or during play- time;
- Meet the emotional needs of the infants/ toddlers by comforting, cuddling, picking up and playing with them;
- Teach the toddlers basic good manners and ensure consistent enforcement of discipline within a given framework and boundaries
- Responsible for preparing and implementing prescribed stimulation programmes in building the baby/toddlers’ intellectual capabilities, introduce baby/toddlers’ to different spaces to expand their horizons; and
- Perform ongoing conversation with baby/toddlers’ to improve and expand their communication skills.
- Senior Certificate equivalent of NQF 4;
- Preferably childcare work experience;
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans a must.
- Natural ability to enjoy being around babies, toddlers and kids;
- Ability to identify the needs of the infant and toddler;
- Naturally good spirited, and an outgoing personality;
- Ability to be multi-skilled, multi-tasked and disciplined;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Reliability; and
- Stress tolerance.
Application forms can be received at Abraham Kriel Childcare offices or downloaded from their website www.abrahamkriel.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Abraham Kriel Childcare, refer to www.abrahamkriel.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.