International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Resources Mobilization Operation Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that provides protection and assistance to people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Our institution employs more than 20,000 staff and is present in 80 countries. The ICRC Regional Delegation in Pretoria is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy:
Resources Mobilization Operation Manager
The Resources Mobilization Operation Manager will contribute to ICRC’s strategy in Southern Africa. S/he will build on and refine the network of existing and potential donors within Southern Africa. S/he will identify fundraising opportunities and develop funding proposals, as well as support the delegation in its effort and interaction with DIRCO, the African Renaissance Fund, government entities in the region, Development banks, etc for resources mobilization purposes. S/he will coordination with Red Cross-national societies regarding fundraising
Description of the role.
The incumbent performs the following activities within the department:
- Act as entry point for any donor-related matters.
- Liaise when relevant on issues pertinent to resource mobilization as part of the overall cooperation with Red Cross-national societies
- In collaboration with the management of the delegation colleagues in Geneva, plan strategically the REM engagement process with the South African MFA (DIRCO), and other Governments in the regions. Develop analysis and a network of support in SA and the region necessary for resource mobilization purposes.
- Engage with the African Renaissance Fund (ARF), development banks, and other similar entities in the region fundraising for the ICRC
- Engage with regional governments under the delegation’s authority that could have possible REM potential (notably Angola and Botswana). This engagement includes travelling to these countries to meet with relevant government interlocutors.
- Contribute to improving the mapping of Private Sector potential fundraising in South Africa and the region
- Develop a network of support and venues among South Africa based or regional private entities, such as Chambers of Commerce, SADC Industrialization Week, Africa Private Sector Forum or the Regional World Economic Forum Summit.
- Ensure that private sector engagement initiatives are in line with policies relevant to the cooperation framework with the SARCS.
- Provide an account management service to existing South African partners / donors, maximizing the value of their long-term support and ensuring that they are well-informed and motivated to support ICRC’s work.
Profile – Minimum required qualification & experience:
- A university degree or equivalent training or experience in management, business development, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ corporate sector experience, alternatively partnerships or fundraising experience with companies and their staff, foundations or high net worth individuals.
- Demonstrable track record of fundraising and cross-sector partnership development in previous employment.
- Solid understanding of South Africa and the region, the South African corporate landscape, SA government affairs and policies
- Experience working in the following areas are an asset:
- International humanitarian organizations
- Diplomatic field
- The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
We are looking for someone who understands Corporate Social Responsibility programmes and the drivers for corporate / non-profit engagement, including Creating Shared Value and Collective Impact. Has Personal resilience, ability to operate in a complex international organization
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, copies of qualification by electronic mail with the mention in the subject “application to the position of Resources Mobilization Operation Manager to: email@example.com.
Only application with all required documentation will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving application is 14 December 2021. Start Date 01.01.2022.