Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF)
FOUR (4) YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realise their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
Our Knowledge Translation Unit is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to oversee project tasks and deliverables within research projects, engage with stakeholders, participate in data collection and analysis, prepare reports and contribute to paper writing on research projects within a diverse multi-disciplinary research team.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager or similar role within a health-related environment
- Knowledge of data collection processes, monitoring and analysis
- Excellent computer literacy skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, email, Acrobat
- Valid code 08 Driver’s License and own reliable vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication; proficiency in English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Strong planning and organising skills and deadline driven
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work methodically, efficiently, and meticulously
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to influence and build interpersonal relationships
- Quality oriented
- Resilient, proactive and adaptable
- Exhibit Global Leadership
- Politically and organisationally Intelligent
- Post graduate Degree in a health-related field
- Project Management qualification
- Experience in developing quality project systems and tools, overseeing implementation, data management activities, monitoring quality of data
- Knowledge of quality control, activities, systems and processes (QA/QC)
- Co-ordinate assigned projects
- Track individual projects, progress towards meeting aims by set deadlines, anticipate and minimise delays
- Ensure grant reporting requirements including risk and compliance requirements are met
- Provides technical support to the programme leads
- Scope the project, create a detailed work plan and manage project activities and quality
- Identify and evaluate risks within project
- Develop, review and apply standard operating procedures (SOPs) for projects as required
- Provide input, programme direction and support to project staff
- Assess progress against agreed deliverables and timeframe
- Well written and accurate report writing
- Assist with data collection tasks and tools as required
- Ensure data collection process is optimised and maintained
KTU Vision fit: To improve the quality of primary healthcare for underserved communities through pragmatic research, evidence-based implementation, evaluation, and engagement of health systems, their planners, providers and patients.
Remuneration, depending on qualification and experience.
Application Process and Disclaimer:
To apply, there is a two-step process:
Complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link:
2. Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 10th December 2021 and include the reference number: #DTHF/C076 Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za