Tomorrow Trust provides holistic programmes focused on academic, psychosocial, career and digital development to orphaned and vulnerable children and youth. We do this by delivering world class wraparound support to children in schools (K1 to Grade 12) via a Holiday and Saturday School Programme and supporting University students via our Tertiary programme. Our mission is to be unlocking South Africa best tomorrow through Holistic education today: from playground to professional.
Tomorrow Trust offers supplementary Holistic support for Gr R – Gr 12 learners during the holiday period and Saturdays in order to supplement, build, support and correct the learning they receive at their home school. The Tomorrow Trust Tertiary Programme offers full and partial bursaries to deserving students around South Africa to attend university; we cover costs for tuition, textbooks, accommodation, and provide a stipend. In addition to this we offer psycho-social and academic support to all students to ensure they complete their qualifications and are ready for the working environment when they graduate.
Our Vision: For a just tomorrow – A society with conscious and holistically educated leaders; where all children including the orphaned and vulnerable have a real chance of success in academics and life.Our Mission: To unlock South Africa’s best tomorrow through holistic education today: from the playground to professional.Our Values: Social Justice, Compassion and Growth
The Tomorrow Trustseeks to appoint Counseling Psychologist permanent position, based in the Johannesburg office.
The purpose of the Counselling Psychologist will be responsible for providing counselling and support to current tertiary students. It will also include the provision of life skills that support the holistic development of our beneficiaries and prepare them to enter their next professional stage. The individual should have a good sense of university students and their experiences. This is an entry level position in the business.
Reporting to: Tertiary Lead
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide one on one counselling support to Tertiary students apart of our programme.
- Conduct Holistic workshops for students.
- Conduct career assessments for our High School learners.
- Contribute to development, refinement and execution of business strategies.
- Counselling skills and student management
- Contributing, presenting and creating to psychosocial topics and dialogues that build best practise in education in South Africa.
- Monitoring and evaluating outcome of their projects.
- Writing reports.
- Social media blogs and write ups.
- Manage donor and stakeholder relationships.
- Understanding on the Tertiary sector and institutions.
BEHAVIOUR AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures
- Research skills and ability to structure, organise and analysis information.
- Compete, self –motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Self-Starting rather than accepting passively
- Highly passionate about education and making a change
- Team worker and contributes to a kindness caring working environment.
- Self- motivated- must have the ability to prioritise workload and continue without instructions at time.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference in the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children lives.
- Can adjust easily to change.
- Must be open to travel to other provinces.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Register with HPSCA
- Master of Art (Counselling/ educational psychology) and registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. (HPCSA)
- CPD Compliance Certificate.
- Work experience min of 2 years. 1- 2 years’ work experience as a counselling/ educational psychologist.
- Understanding of referral pathways for counselling support.
- A valid driver’s licence
- Highly computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels.
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1 page cover letter.All application should be submitted by email to Nicola@tomorrow.org.za
Please ensure the subject line states: Counselling Psychologist Application
All short listed candidates will be provided with a 30minute scenario questionnaire when they came in for interviews.
Should you not hear from us after 2 weeks from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The Tomorrow Trust, refer to www.tomorrow.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies