International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that provides protection and assistance to people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Our institution employs more than 20,000 staff and is present in 80 countries. The ICRC Regional Delegation in Pretoria is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy:
The Administrative Assistant helps to ensure that Welcome activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pick-up/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas, permits, official registration and accommodation. The Administrative assistant will also oversee all duties relating to the premises maintenance and upkeep in compliance to the ICRC housing policy.
Description of the role:
The incumbent performs the following activities within the department
- Organizes Welcome files, business cards, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals; Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Ensure welcome messages for guests or beginning of mission containing all the necessary information: safety rules, travel procedure, Communication policy, financial rules for BoM, guide to practical information for visitors are send out. And facilitate end of mission administration.
- Purchases plane ticket and books accommodation for missions (based on the approved travel request form) and follows up in the event of changes (pricing, validation etc.)
- Maintains a backup for staff travel documentation in order to have this readily available when there is need to travel.
- Performs all Receptionist duties.
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc;
- Drops the visas and residence permits requests at the relevant interlocutors’ office
- Does the follow-up until visa and permits are received from Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO)
- Prepares the note verbal and invitation letters for visa applications; Sends copy of the document to the travellers, and relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinates the proper maintenance of the overall premises and all ICRC infrastructure (owned and rented)
- Supervises the overall Management of Premises & infrastructure department. Trains and supervises the related staff and organizes the work
- Determines the need of the delegation in terms of premises, identifies and set-up appropriate premises in line with the ICRC institutional guidelines.
- In collaboration with the F&A Coordinator allocates premises to the delegates/expatriate staff
- Ensures the adequacy of premises conditions (management of the Domestic Staff and Maintenance Team) and ensures the proper maintenance/rehabilitation of premises.
- Collaborates with Finance department for all the financial issues in relation to the Premises – like rent, utilities payment etc.
Profile – Minimum required qualification & experience:
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Administration management /Travel Management or similar field
- 2–3 years' in administrative Role
- Excellent command in English
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
We are looking for someone who is responsible, organized, with a good sense of teamwork, initiative and respect for ICRC values. Should be able to work autonomously and with pro-activity.
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, copies of diplomas / certificates by electronic mail with the mention in the subject “application to the position of Administrative Assistant to: email@example.com.
Only application with all required documentation will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving application is 09 December 2021. Start Date 01.01.2022.