Equal Education Law Centre
They are a team of activist lawyers working to advance the struggle for quality and equality in education, through legal research, advocacy and strategic litigation. They are looking for a research candidate who is passionate about social justice, law and education. Your role will include research to inform litigation, submissions on law and policy reform and conducting research on a range of education topics related to our thematic areas of ECD, education access and education budget advocacy, amongst others.
The Equal Education Law Centre is hiring an additional legal researcher to join our team.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
Postgraduate qualification in social sciences, education, law or related field;
4-6 years’ post-qualification research experience;
Demonstrated qualitative research track record, including design of research data collection tools;
Experience of different research methodologies;
Demonstrated expertise in researching and analysing legislative and policy frameworks;
Previous experience in analysing government budgeting and expenditure will be advantageous;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Excellent skills in data synthesis and analysis;
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and managing a research project; and
- Based in the Western Cape or able to relocate.
- The EELC conducts its recruitment with a commitment to transformation.
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Researcher Application”.
Applications must include
- A motivation letter and full curriculum vitae
- Contact details for two professional references
- A sample of written work written no longer than 3 years ago and no more than 20 pages.
For more about the Equal Education Law Centre, refer to www.eelawcentre.org.za