mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
BI Analyst (Fixed Term) – Cape Town
The role will be responsible for managing and analysing all key data necessary for driving all essential business intelligence, reporting, analytics and commercial modelling in aid of supporting m2m/DPTS priorities. The role will be responsible for the development, analysis and maintenance of performance monitoring and operational dashboards for the DPTS and other departments when needed. The candidate will be required to work cross-functionally and will play an important role in using both internal and 3rd party data to present key analysis and insights to monitor performance. The BI Analyst will work closely with the country SI Leads, Analytics Specialist and Operations Research unit. The BI Analyst will report directly to the Senior SI Lead and have dotted responsibility to the Senior Technical Advisor - RMNCH
Key Performance Areas:
Business Intelligence and Strategic Information:
- Provide TA and support to DPTS in Implementation geolocations in documenting and designing organizational data products in support of BI
- Structure reports to provide exception management & field staff with call to action
- Have a good understand of the m2m/DPTS strategic plan, drive execution through reporting that supports the overall organisational objective
- Gather, analyse and report on internal & external data sources, including aggregate or client level data from m2m’s data pipeline, plus any other external data sources having the potential to drive m2m’s outcomes and impact
- Drive the adoption of business intelligence as an integral step in helping key stakeholders stay updated with their organisational performance (HO units, EMT/SMG, Countries & CHWs)
- Other duties in support of DPTS/SI needs
Data Analysis, Use and Dissemination:
- Conceptualize, design and build Business Intelligence (BI) models in support of business requirements.
- Develop syntax for automated routine programme performance reports – in consultation with SI & Programme Managers/ Technical Leads.
- Conduct data analysis and compile reports, for multiple project stakeholders.
- Co-lead maintenance of data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems DPTS teammates and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data control
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Maintain documentation on business processes (Standard Operating Procedures) of all business intelligence reporting
- Maintaining accuracy and integrity of all data reported through the business intelligence function
- Proactively drive business sales performance and carry out value added analysis of ad hoc data sources to identify risks and opportunities to achieving organisational targets
- Simulation, testing and quality assurance of new and existing software
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum Requirements – Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar with a focus on analytics, business information management.
- Minimum of two to five years’ relevant experience in Business Intelligence / Management Information AND on database technology used for business intelligence and /or analytics in resource constrained contexts.
- Experience in Digital Health (with reference to data collection, data management and reporting) is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools i.e. DHIS2, Tableau, PowerBI, UX/UI design, SQL (related databases coding), QlikView
- Experience with analysing complex requirements
- Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders on SI and research Programmes/projects.
- Experience managing, supporting and overseeing the quality of work of junior staff.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and strengthen capacity of lay frontline health workers.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Experienced in working with large data sets, reports and dashboard development
- Highly analytical and must have good communication and presentation skills
- Uses data analytics to solve and influence key business decision makers
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining SOP documentation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight timelines
- Excellent planning, communication skills
- Advanced skills in use of information technology including Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively and to facilitate collective problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse organizational units
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 15 December 2021