Usapho Foundation - a registered Non-Profit Organization – based in Durbanville, established in 2013 in the Western in order to empower families through specific preventative and developmental programs. We believe that everyone deserves to be part of a great family and our programs are geared to provide that. Our programs include parenting workshops, psychosocial support services and addressing social behaviour change, such as gender-based violence and other challenges in families.
USAPHO Foundation seeks to appoint a qualified Social Worker with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a social worker. Fluency in Afrikaans, English and isi-Xhosa will be advantageous, as well as experience in family intervention services.
- Individual and family counselling of families in northern suburbs of Cape Town.
- Recruitment and Facilitating group work activities
- Student supervision
- Community Stakeholder Engagements.
- Registered with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- At least 5 years working experience in the social work field which should include experience in family interventions.
- Computer skilled (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams)
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of The White Paper on Families and Children’s Act will be an advantage
- Leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Contribute to short and long-term organisational planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and professional ethics.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Peninsula School Feeding Association, refer to https://www.usapho.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies