The CHABAHIVA Trust aims to be a compassionate and responsible social investor. Our focus is HIV and wellness. We have created a collaborative network of organisations that implement or support compassionate and holistic HIV prevention and care programmes. Our role within the network is to support, strengthen, and empower the services and organisational stability of its partners. We do this by sourcing the resources and capabilities of businesses, faith structures, donors, and donor organisational partnerships. We ensure outputs will result in effective, compassionate, and impact-focused implementation of programmes.
CHABAHIVA Trust seeks to appoint a Financial Manager,This is a part time, work from home position.
They are looking for a responsible and accountable individual with a broad experience of administration, monitoring and supervision of the finances of organisations, projects, and programmes, including budget preparation and business planning, as well as reporting on utilisation of funding received. This is a part-time, work from home position. The Financial Manager will report to the Trust Director and will work in collaboration with the Trust’s service provider responsible for the execution of transactions and bookkeeping. If you have a passion for making a difference in communities where HIV and health interventions are needed as well as a zeal for accurate and transparent financial administration, you are welcome to apply.
What will you have to do?
- Assist the Trust Director with the preparation of the annual budget and business planning
- Assist with funding and proposal related budgets
- Assess invoices and create requisitions with supporting documents
- Monitor expenses to ensure these are within budget
- Monitor cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Ensure that grant disbursements are done on time
- Ensure that requirements for grant disbursements are met.
- Allocate funding utilisation and calculate the amounts required for inclusion in the monthly balance sheet.
- Review monthly financial reports
- Assess and review financial reports received from partner organisations
- Prepare financial reports for Board meetings
- Prepare financial reports for funding reporting
- Ensure all documentation for audit are ready and act as first respondent to auditor’s questions
- Be able to work from home independently.
What are some of the skills we expect from you?
- Proven ability to plan and monitor budgets
- Ability to interpret financial documents and reports
- strong computer skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, good understanding, and ability to interpret and create budgets.
Must have Personal Attributes
Ability to work independently, be self-driven, target driven, leadership, empathy, initiative, engagement, imaginative, resilience, ethical and responsible.
Equally Important is your Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in financial administration and monitoring
- Experience in or exposure to non-profit finances
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial management, assessment and supervision
- Financial qualification will be required.
Remuneration: Basic salary for a 3/8 post
If our Financial Manager opportunity interests you and you meet our basic requirements related to skills, experience, and qualifications, we invite you to apply to the CHABAHIVA Trust.
Very Important: We have specific guidelines to submitting your application. If these are not followed your application will be disqualified.
How should you create and submit your application?
This application consists of three parts:
- a motivation letter that is relevant to this application
- a precise two-page CV relevant to this application
- three letters of written references with contact numbers of each of your references.
Good to know
- The Financial Manager must be available to start 01 February 2022
- Location of Financial Manager Opportunity: Gauteng or Western Cape.
- The CHABAHIVA Trust endeavours to build its capacity to have a diverse team. Additionally, individuals with an understanding in HIV, TB, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Public and/or community health programming are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a financial management consultant, individuals who are seeking part-time employment, individuals who are looking to add to their existing income streams..
- The time requirements for this part time role if a flexible ±3 hours per business day
Application to be sent to: email@example.com
Late applications will not be opened.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The CHABAHIVA Trust, refer to www.chabahiva.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies