Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF)
THREE (3) FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
GUGULETHU RESEARCH OFFICES
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundation exciting future.
The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate all data related activities conducted for various studies at the Gugulethu Research Offices site.
(If you do not have the criteria listed below, please do not apply for this position)
- Grade 12 with undergraduate degree in Medical, Scientific, Biological, Statistical, Computer science, or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience designing a database, running and resolving data queries
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in data quality management
- A minimum of 3 years’ of supervisory and staff management
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Access and other browser-based metadata (EDC) software (e.g. REDCap)
- Knowledge of research documentation standards
- Valid Driving license and own vehicle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Master’s in Public Health or other relevant post-graduate degree
- Valid Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certificate
- Ability to speak isiXhosa
- Experience with statistical packages e.g. STATA
- Knowledge of HIV & ART
- Regular update and maintenance of data in long-standing DTHF antiretroviral databases; including liaison with Provincial Dept. of Health or City of Cape Town staff from whom data is sourced.
- Development of research study-specific databases for data entry during the study using, for example, Access or RedCap;
- Provide oversight of research data collection for the DTHF Centre for Adherence and Therapeutics (D-CAT) studies - including web-based systems for wireless electronic adherence monitoring data, and the web-and tablet-based system for questionnaire data
- Regular validation and QC of all study and ART databases
- Line management of D-CAT Data clerk team (two to three staff)
- Support of on-site junior data manager team (two staff)
- Generate reports for clinical collaborators and researchers
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Application Process and Disclaimer:
To apply, there is a two-step process:
Complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link:
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 03 November 2021 and include the reference number: #DTHF/C068 Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
For more information on the policy of DTHF pertaining to the protection of your personal information under its control, you may contact Ms Tania Thornton at Tania.Thornton@hiv-research.org.za
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za