The Haven Shelter
THE HAVEN BELIEVES NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE ON THE STREETS.
Vacant Post: Social Worker: The Haven Shelter- Kraaifontein
The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation (www.haven.org.za), a non – governmental organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community, require a Social Worker for The Haven – Kraaifontein Shelter. Please note that the post is based in Kraaifontein and renders social work services to 98 clients at any one time.
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation exists to help adult homelessness end their homelessness. Our method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration. We do not enable people to live on the street. All services on offer are delivered at the Haven Kraaifonteinpremises.
The Social Worker will be responsible for all social work services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and Exit plans for all clients. The social worker will report to the Shelter Manager.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code B drivers licence essential -non-negotiable
- Successful candidate will need to match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in protecting client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient development and management of Personal Development and Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Ability to present group work within 3 weeks of taking over. Starting with at least 10 hours of group work per week.
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a 2nd language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
Closing Date: 03 November 2021
Salary Package: R 15 300 per month
Job Type: Permanent
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a two pages CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Worker-The Haven Kraaifontein” in the subject line. Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attached to your application; it will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.