mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Finance Intern position is based at our head office in Cape Town and reports to the Finance and Pricing Analyst. The Intern will be working within the Corporate Financial Management and Systems Unit with a prioritized focus on finance related support to the team responsible for proposal budgeting, cost and pricing analysis and financial analysis, including the administration and application of various financial tools and work processes required to run and improve the organisations financial and operational performance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide financial administrative support to the Corporate Finance Team
- Generate and analyze internal finance reports
- Draft donor finance reports
- Procure supplies as required
- Minute taking and scheduling of Finance meetings
- Assist with development of proposal and project budgets
- Provide support during internal and external audit
- Coordinate adhoc Finance projects as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- Recently graduated with 1 -2 years experience
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualification in Accounting/Business
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fluency in English essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential matters in a professional and ethical manner
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative
- A passion for the m2m vision and values
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 30 October 2021.