AQUITY Innovations NPC
Position: Radiographers (2) – Eastern Cape, OR Tambo District
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts).
AQUITY seeks to appoint Radiographers (2) to be based in Eastern Cape - OR Tambo District
Remuneration: Annual Total Cost to Company of R 527,256.00
Roles and Responsibilities
The Radiographer will be responsible for providing a high standard of radiographic chest x-ray imaging, including the use of computer aided detection (CAD) systems whilst ensuring that patients receive high quality care. The Radiographer will deliver a high standard of service to relevant stakeholders and to a diversity of patients and will communicate effectively with community and facility-based teams to ensure delivery of high quality service and linkage to appropriate services.
1. Provides mobile digital chest x-ray screening for TB case finding
- Provide radiographic imaging to a high standard whilst ensuring that radiation doses are kept to a minimum, using the ALARP principle including the use of dose reduction factors
- Operate and utilise, in conjunction with back-up radiological support, computer aided detection (CAD) systems with particular reference to tuberculosis detection systems
- Ensure that the Ionising Radiation (for Medical Exposure) Regulations are adhered to
- Keep accurate patient records including recording radiation dose and exposure factors
- Use the Radiology Information System (RIS) for patient registration, X-ray ordering and scheduling
- Record accurate patient information relating to dose and use of consumables
- Use Picture Archive & Communication System (PACS) for reviewing images and reports
2. Facilitate the referral process of clients with high CAD4TB score for presumptive TB testing
- Maintain effective working relationships with Community Health Workers (CHWs), outreach teams and facility staff
- Support referral for Xpert Ultra TB sputum testing and subsequent linkage to care
- Liaise with the Radiologist for diagnostic and technical advice and support
- Support referral and linkage to care for incidental CXR findings not requiring presumptive TB testing
- National Diploma / Bachelor's degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- HPCSA registration
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a Radiographer
- At least 3 years’ experience using computer aided detection (CAD)
- Ability to communicate in English, isiZulu and Xhosa languages
- Valid driver’s licence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Clear criminal record Key Performance Areas
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organisation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Previous exposure within an NGO/NPO environment
- Mentorship and capacity building skills
- Knowledge of TB would be advantageous
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 27th October 2021. No emailed submissions will be accepted.