Desmond Tutu Health Foundation
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
They have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundation exciting future.
This full-time 25 month fixed-term contract position will be based at Groote Schuur in Observatory, Cape Town. The Fieldworker post in the community PrEP study is aimed at recruiting men who are interested in HIV prevention. The Fieldworker is responsible for enrolling men and conducting data collection activities. The post will support HIV prevention activities among men.
(If you do not have the criteria listed below, please do not apply for this position)
- Grade 12
- 1 year community engagement /recruitment experience/clinical experience
- Knowledgeable of the LGBTIQ1+ community outreach and engagement
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms and how to engage
- Computer literacy (MS Office); including data entry
- Good planning and organising skills
- Client (participant) focus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Be proactive as an individual
- Detail oriented
Maintain study and participant confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to remain professional
- Able to work later hours including weekends
- Recruit participants and schedule visits
- Complete accurate data collection activities with participants, including questionnaires, interviews, and transcriptions
- Communicate regular updates to project staff and management
- Ensure all project administration is completed daily
- Basic education: approach to address community groups or individuals, hand out trial recruitment pamphlets and answer basic questions.
- Assist with planning of Recruitment/Retention strategies and Events
- Assist in implementing the Community Engagement Plan (CEP) / Community Involvement Work Plan (CIWP)
- Assist the Community Liaison Officer with stakeholder engagement by identifying opportunities of involvement, arranging, participating, facilitating, and attending meetings
- Liaise with research site staff on all participant related information
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Application Process and Disclaimer:
To apply, there is a two-step process:
Complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link:
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za and include the reference number: #DTHF/C066. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
For more information on the policy of DTHF pertaining to the protection of your personal information under its control, you may contact Ms Tania Thornton at Tania.Thornton@hiv-research.org.za
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za