Population Services International (PSI)
Title : Information Technology Officer
Department : Operations
Reports to : Operations Director / with support from head office
Based in : KZN
Start Date : 1st December 2021
Who we are:
PSI-SA Health Solutions (PSI-SA HS) a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization that operates in over 50 countries. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas.
By 2023 PSI SA Health Solutions will be a preferred partner to domestic and international organisations, both public and private, in generating market insights and leveraging those to co-create solutions that respond to consumer and stakeholder needs and preferences, in areas including universal health coverage, health system strengthening, primary healthcare, e-health, and assisted self-care.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Deliver standards as set out in Service Level agreement(s) and procedures.
- Relationship management with IT service providers.
- Deliverance of agreed service levels to users
- Resolve user problems.
- Perform the job function within the rules and regulations of PSI and PSI-SA IT and the business unit.
- Ensure that all new installations and/or system changes are done according to approved standards and configurations.
- The timeous and quality execution of any other activities as delegated from time to time.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses and reports.
- Assist with procurement inputs of inventory related to hardware, software and other IT supplies.
What are we looking for?
The basics and Qualifications:
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Experience with Azure, Windows 10, OWA, MS Office 365, OneDrive & SharePoint highly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical staff.
- Able to demonstrate hardware/application troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in strategic thinking to drive multi-year operating plans
- Office 365 Suite (SharePoint, OneDrive, MS Teams, MS Forms, Power Apps)
- Network config maintenance and setup (Ubiquity, Unifi)
- Telephony Systems (VOIP)
- Security Systems – Biometric Access System & CCTV
- Ability to resolve user problems onsite and remotely.
- Perform the job function within the rules and regulations of PSI-SA and the business unit.
- Ensure that all new installations and/or system changes are done according to policy, approved standards, and configurations.
- Serve as primary contact with Global IT Operations team and related projects.
Who are we looking for?
- If you are a fast learner, who is curious, and creative; keen to take small steps as well as big leaps; ready to ask lots of questions and find-out just as many answers, we would love to have you join us.
What is in it for you?
- A fixed term agreement until September 2022 and work exposure within the NGO-Health sector.
Where to apply?
The closing date is 21 October 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be invited for interviews.