Population Services International (PSI)
Title: Field Operations Fleet Officer
Based in: KwaZulu Natal with up to 80% field interaction
Reports to: Director of Operations
Starting Date: 1st December 2021
Who we are:
PSI-SA Health Solutions (PSI-SA HS) a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization that operates in over 50 countries. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas.
We are looking for an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Field Operations Fleet Officer. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the programme implementation in the province.
Sound like you? Read on.
Training of staff
Orientate new staff and hold regular capacity building sessions regarding safety, fleet and facilities with all staff in KZN regard to stock management, safety and fleet related topics with the Director of Operations
Facilities management, support, and safety reporting
- Facilities management:
- Liaise with the various lessors and building managers to ensure regular building maintenance
- Liaison with maintenance people for repairs to be undertaken where needed
- Facilitate regular safety meetings and inspections are conducted and that meetings are minuted and reported to the Operations Officer in Gauteng
- Ensure that PSI staff are trained in safety compliance
- In collaboration with the Operations Officer in Gauteng ensure timely renewal and termination of all lease agreements in KZN
- Coordinate quarterly safety meetings with the teams in KZN
- Coordinate with services suppliers on maintenance of equipment, printers, and location thereof
- Procurement process management:
- Determine office needs for consumables and other supplies
- In collaboration with the Operations Officer in Gauteng ensure procurement in line with policy and procedures
- Ensure that goods are delivered according to order on site and documentation are signed off and submitted to the Operations Officer in Gauteng
- Office management:
- Ensure safe and secure storage of relevant equipment and assets
- Communicate stationery needs with quantities to the Operations Officer in Gauteng
- Ensure that the log sheets for projectors used in KZN are completed
- Schedule transportation requests for workshops
- Provide logistical support to workshops by providing the necessary stationery, equipment and printed material needed
- Ensure that the site asset register is updated with new deliveries and tagged where needed
- Verify the existence and condition of assets by performing monthly asset verifications and stock control
- Ensure that all assets are tagged and numbered according to the asset register and as per donor regulations and PSI requirements
- Track the movement of assets between site offices
- Adhere to safe and secure storage of relevant equipment and assets
- Insurance for all equipment:
- Communicate with the Operations Officer in Gauteng on the receipts of all assets to be insured and updated
- Coordinate incidents reports and submit to the operations official for insurance claims and reporting
Fleet / vehicle management and related support
- Assist the field teams with moving of stock and supplies between sites
- Inspect all site vehicles at least bi-weekly
- Assisting the Operations Officer in Gauteng to liaise with AA and the tracker company where onsite support is needed
- Review fuel, AA, Wesbank and other fleet reports for the KZN site vehicles with the finance team in Gauteng monthly
- Monitor traffic fines and report to the finance team in Gauteng
- Review monthly log sheets and submit to the finance team in Gauteng
- Monitor and analyse movement of project vehicles for abnormal patterns with finance team in Gauteng
- Ensure valid driver’s licenses, IDs of staff and relevant people are on file and electronically filed in a POPIA compliant manner for KZN
- Ensure that the vehicles are serviced regularly, maintained in terms of insurance claims, and cleaned weekly
- Hosting visitors by arranging transportation, appointments, and special requests
- Assist the Operations Officer in Gauteng to investigate vehicle accidents with the teams and follow up with supervisors on actions needed
- Assist with driver’s assessments and send outcome to Operations Officer in Gauteng Follow up on vehicle repairs and maintenance and assist with collection of vehicles where possible
- Work with the Operations Officer in Gauteng to ensure safety needs for the sites are adhered to and the needed items are arranged
- Act as security official for the site office where stationed
- Ensure the Health & Safety equipment is always in a good working order i.e. (up to date first aid boxes and fire extinguishers).
- Ensure emergency evacuation drills are carried out regularly by all KZN sites
- Perform all work safely and contribute to a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned
What are we looking for?
The basics & Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in office management, safety, and fleet management
- Permanent resident
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organisational skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, be a hands-on person, have personal initiative, and follow-through
- Ability be assertive, but also to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Professional command of English
- Local, indigenous language proficiency a plus
- Valid code 10 SA Driver’s license, valid PrDP
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Where to apply?
The closing date is 28 October 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be invited for interviews.
PSI SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, disabled or employment status. PSI SA reserves the right to conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates. We reserve the right to withdraw any of the vacancies at any time.