Population Services International (PSI)
Title: District Manager
Dept. MMC Programme
Reports to: Provincial Lead
Starting Date: 1st December 2021
Who we are:
PSI-SA Health Solutions (PSI-SA HS) a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organisation that operates in over 50 countries. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas.
We are looking for a District Manager for the Medical Male Circumcision Programme. The role will be responsible for the overall management of the district office, staffing, administrative responsibilities, stakeholder management and performance of the district.
Sound like you? Read on.
Human Resources Management
- Plans organise and supervise the staff to carry out their duties and achieve the organisational target.
- Manages staffing levels within sites to comply with required ratios, including planning and organisation of staffing schedules, leave days and holiday rosters.
- Participates in the disciplinary hearing of site staff and attend to staff grievances.
- Informs staff on developments in the organisation and programmes.
- Conducts performance appraisals for staff and monitors implementation of agreed improvements.
- Conducts employee orientation of new staff members.
Clinical Management and Training
- Coordinates all MC programs activities in the district, that is, supervises static site and outreach service delivery Facilitates the management and follow up of severe adverse events for clients within the district.
- Conducts program-related training needs assessment and in liaison with the Quality Assurance
Specialist and recommend training.
- Participates in and facilitates MC and related training courses.
- Promotes and facilitates relevant staff training and development opportunities.
- Maintains staff awareness of key practices within the district, e.g., health and safety, fire drill
- procedures, per the code of practice.
- Monitors the QA program to improve performance and maintain high standard of care.
- Enforces adherence to infection control policies to reduce the occurrence of Adverse events.
- Ensures proper waste management and disposal as per the waste management policies.
- Reports all defective instruments to ensure quality VMMC procedures.
- Provides support and supervision to the site through sit inns of counselling and the surgical procedures per set guidelines and policies.
- Facilitate the follow up of all MC clients and management of adverse events
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitates the availability of all recording and reporting tools in the clinic.
- Ensures proper recording and reporting in all VMMC, HTS, STI registers, referral registers for HIV positive clients.
- Facilitates internal and external data audits.
- Facilitates and reviews weekly monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Coordinates the orientation/training of site personnel on data management
Are you what we are looking for?
The basics, Qualifications:
- Registered nurse or clinical associate by profession
- Registration with the relevant regulatory body
- Valid drivers’ license
- At least three years project management or general management experience
- At least three years’ experience working in HIV and AIDS field
- At least three years’ experience in MMC service delivery, QA and/or program
- Experience in supervising diverse teams
- Computer literate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Demand Generation Strategies
- Key stakeholder management and relationship building
- Provide patient education and counselling
- Making referrals for specialised care
What would get us excited?
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Interpersonal skills
- Report Writing and editing
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Hardworking and efficient
- Deadline driven
- Strong attention to detail
Where to apply?
The closing date is 21 October 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be invited for interviews.
PSI SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, disabled or employment status. PSI SA reserves the right to conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates. We reserve the right to withdraw any of the vacancies at any time.