Ikamva Lisezandleni Zethu
IkamvaYouth (IY) is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty through education. The organisation exists to reduce inequality in South Africa, and its track record of matric results, access to post-school opportunities, and alumni success is proof that positive change is possible.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint Business Development Manager to be based in Cape Town/Pretoria.
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage IkamvaYouth’s fundraising, income generation, business development and sustainability strategy. Furthermore, he/she is required to oversee the efficient running of the business development department.
Reporting line: CEO
Salary: R49 631.42 negotiable
Benefit: Medical aid allowance
- Oversee operations of the business development department
- Develop a sustainability strategy with detailed execution plans to achieve greater financial sustainability
- Develop and implement reserve policy
- Set department objectives and design a framework in which objectives can be achieved
- Develop and implement policies related to activities focused on business development, fundraising, income generation and communications
- Participate in IkamvaYouth’s national leadership, management and decision-making structures
- Work from a branch to promote team cohesiveness and gain a better understanding of context on the ground
- Work together with the CEO to develop new service offerings based on IY’s core competencies
- Leading the sustainability committee, liaising with members and executing / implementing proposals
- that are generated from this committee. Including achieving board sign off where appropriate
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Attend and participate in governance meetings (as required), such as Board Meetings, ARSC, Natcom, NSPW and AGM
- Provide information and input to be incorporated into ARSC and Board pack
- Provide department specific report backs from meetings attended
- Bachelor’s degree in business/ marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant high-level experience
- Experience in sales, marketing or related fields
- Experience developing and implementing product/service offerings
- Proven track record of raising traditional income
- Proven track record of raising non-traditional income
- Entrepreneurship/business skills
- Track record of successful income generation activities
- Market knowledge
- Research experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce would be advantageous
- Performance oriented
- Networking and public speaking skills
- Influencing skills
- Willing to take risks
- Contributes to and builds effective teams
- Analytical Thinker
- Emotional Intelligence
- Developing people
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Stakeholder orientation
- Practises emotional intelligence
- Commitment to IY’s five values and redressing inequalities through education
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Business Development Manager”.
Due to the volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please visit, www.ikamvayouth.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies