NICRO was founded in September 1910, NICRO is one of the largest, most enduring South African non-profit organizations. NICRO specializes in social crime prevention and offender reintegration, boasts a rich, unparalleled history in human rights, juvenile justice and innovative criminal justice reform.
NICRO seeks to appoint Area Manager to be based in KwaZulu Natal.
Purpose of the Job is to ensures compliance and implementation of all relevant organisational policies and procedures in conjunction with the professional and ethical standards of the social work profession. The Area Manager is to ensure appropriate use and allocation of resources and the ability to identify and access resources from diverse private and public funding sources.
- Strategic implementation and management of services
- Management of supervisors
- Monitoring the implementation of supervision model
- Provincial networking · Advocacy and lobbying
- Compiling management information
- Compiling provincial reports
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
- Media spokesperson
- BA in Social Work (4-year degree) with a min 10 years’ experience in the field and 5-year management experience
- Registration with the SACSSP required
- Networking and excellent communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional trusting, relationships with other professionals, social workers, client groups and communities and other stakeholders
- Acceptance of ethnic, cultural, religious, and sexual identities as well as an understanding of the socio-economic situations client’s experience.
- High level of computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of all aspects of the social work profession, finance and Organisational development and management, research and evaluation methodology
- Demonstrated ability to write, read, analyze, interpret and disseminate general business periodicals, professional journals, technical professional procedures, government regulations and practice related information.
- Ability to write reports, project plans, business plans, and business correspondence
Forward applications to: Betzi Pierce
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about NICRO, refer to https://www.nicro.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies