Pathways to Change
Pathways to Change is a woman-led, South African NPO that is focused on Health System Strengthening in collaboration with other NGO’s and the Department of Health and Social Development.
Pathways to Change seeks to appoint a full-time clinical nurse mentor to be based in Frances Baard, Kimberley, Northern Cape.
Purpose of the position: promotion of adolescent and youth health by improving access and linkage to care at health facility level in collaboration with Provincial and District Department of Health.
Responsibilities: training, mentor nurses at allocated health facilities, community mobilisation, monitoring and reporting on activities and indicators as defined by the Department of Health and Pathways.
- Degree in Nursing (NIMART trained).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in training in the field of Health and Social development, with experience in capacity building.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of comprehensive package of services for HIV/AIDS including, HTS, linkage and retention in care including adherence support, adolescent and youth friendly health programs and sexual and gender-based violence.
- Passion for working with adolescents and young people.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel within the province when required.
- Perform other duties as required.
(The contract is for a period of 10 months with the possibility of extension if the opportunity presents itself.)
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Pathways to Change, refer to Pathways to Change (pathwaystochangenc.org)
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies