Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 development professionals located in over 40 countries, committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. Drawing on our global presence and 50+ years of experience, we are working to reimagine consumer-powered healthcare by shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding, and strengthening global capacity.
Based at PSI Head Office in Johannesburg, Population Services International (PSI) seeks to fill the exciting and role of:
The Mpilo project has been running for four years, and in the previous phase we conducted extensive research and design with men and other stakeholders to understand men’s barriers to HIV services and co-create solutions to those barriers. We are now embarking on a new phase that will focus on scaling and adaptive implementation of previous solutions and design and piloting of new ones, as well as generation of tools, resources, and evidence that stakeholders can apply to strategies and programs.
Still in its first year, the Yim’Lo project is conducting similar research and design work with men who have sex with men, with the aim of understanding and addressing their barriers to services. In the next phase, the project will be piloting and evaluating solutions emerging from the design process.
PSI is looking for an M&E Advisor to provide leadership and support in defining measures of success, tracking performance against key indicators, strengthening the use of data for continuous improvement, and demonstrating accountability to their stakeholders.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Lead the coordination of M&E activities for the projects, focusing specifically on systems and strategies for monitoring project implementation and capacity building of implementing partners in M&E.
- Identify and lead on opportunities for program research/evaluation.
- Oversee the timely compilation and submission of partner reports.
- Lead the review and revision of the projects’ theory of change and results framework.
- Develop the projects’ M&E strategies and adapt these in response to lessons learned.
- Lead the development and implementation of the projects’ M&E plans and associated data collection tools.
- Identify and implement efficiencies in data collection, compilation, review, reporting and use.
- Strengthen the team culture to emphasize data use for program improvement.
- Communicate the M&E plans to relevant partners and coordinate to ensure consistency in data collection and reporting across partners.
- Provide capacity building and technical assistance to partners on data collection and reporting.
- Oversee, co-ordinate and participate in stakeholder/site monitoring visits as needed.
- Support the project teams in conducting regular performance reviews using project data.
- Support preparation of donor deliverables, including analysis of program data.
- Ensure data storage and sharing are compliant with the data protection policies of host governments, donors, and PSI.
- Conduct data quality audits and debriefs and develop action plans as needed.
- Ensure that relevant ethics approvals are obtained and that protocols are followed.
- Support Learning and Adaptive Implementation Advisor to document adaptations in program models and the data behind those adaptations.
- Ensure data storage and sharing are compliant with the data protection policies of host governments, donors and PSI.
- Contribute to relevant presentations, reports, and publications.
The M&E Advisor must possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- 5-10 years of experience in M&E roles within the public health sector
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills
- Experience in developing theories of change and results frameworks
- Understanding of health management information systems
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization software.
- Ability to interpret data and communicate findings to non-technical audiences, including use of data visualization approaches.
- Ability to coordinate across partners on project M&E.
- Familiarity with human-centred design and behavioural science
- Experience with participatory approaches to M&E and close collaboration with partners
- Familiarity with the TIER.net data management system.
Please note that this position is a fixed term contract until 30th June 2024.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 15th October 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org