Iranti seeks a dynamic Communications Manager to manage Iranti’s strategic growth and high level impact in Africa using media and communications.
Apply by Monday, October 25, 2021.
Iranti is a Johannesburg based regional non-profit organisation founded in 2012, focusing on lesbian, transgender and intersex rights. We participate in advocacy platforms to develop a deeper understanding of human rights violations, and seek ways to change policies, laws and individual hearts and minds to end homo-, trans- and intersex-phobia. We do this using multimedia platforms, advocacy, research and documentation
Media production is at the core of Iranti’s purpose, as reflected in our Mission Statement:
‘Iranti advocates for lesbian, transgender and intersex persons through the tactical use of multimedia storytelling and movement building for the advancement of human rights in Africa.’
The Communications Manager leads Iranti’s Media and Communications team in overseeing all its internal and external multimedia activities across all media platforms to ensure that messaging is consistent and engaging and aligned to its strategic goals and objectives. As part of its strategic focus, the manager will drive Iranti’s brand alignment as the organisation marks its first decade of advocacy work.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign’s level of success
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee moral
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the organization’s brand,
- Write and deliver internal newsletters
- Represent the organization at events and press conferences
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national, regional and global level
- Contributes ideas for new programs, researching and recommending innovative communication techniques.
- Researches and understands key organisational challenges, target audiences, and environmental factors that impact the organisation’s programs and develops suitable responses to them.
- Collating and overseeing production of monthly external newsletters.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a senior marketing or communications role
- Tertiary level education in marketing, communication or public relations
- Experience of working on issues of diversity and inclusion
- Strong, versatile writing, communication and copywriting skills
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- An understanding and appreciation of the intersectionality of oppression and struggles
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office, social media and web content management systems
- Experience of working in the LGBTI sector/with Key Populations
- Experience of working within the NGO sector
Interested candidates must have a valid South African residency and/or Work Permit and should submit the following:
1. A CV (max 3 pages)
2. A Motivational Letter (max 1 page) outlining suitability and reasons for applying
Do not send copies of Certificates. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Applications to be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: October 25, 2021
This is a readverstised position, previous applicants need not apply.
Iranti is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage and invite members of the LGBTIQ community to apply.