Fixed Term Contract, renewal subject to availability of funds
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid is a global justice federation working to achieve social justice, gender equity and poverty eradication working in 44 countries around the world. ActionAid South Africa (AASA) as a part of the ActionAid International Federation, is a nationally registered civil society organisation, established in 2006. AASA requires the services of the M&E to join programs unit, the holder of the position shall be responsible for enhancing quality and effectiveness of programmes through implementation of M&E systems and assessment of programs in accordance with ALPS, HRBA in accordance with CSP, and work with Generation G project and all AASA programs etc
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensure and support programming staff within AASA in the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation framework in South Africa
- Undertaking baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives
- Revise or update the M&E Framework and its application as necessary to improve its effectiveness or efficiency
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects
- Participation and developing of donor proposal etc
- Create and coordinate lessons learning workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct capacity building for local communities, partners and staff on the logical framework,
- Creating data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles,
- Developing report and writing techniques and requirements for relevant donors
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing
- Ensure appropriate recording of information collected under the M&E Framework using program databases and MIS facilities
- Support to all planning and reporting functions in the CP, including annual reports, annual planning, mid-term evaluation
- Participate as a proactive member of the AASA team, attending team meetings and providing advice and support to fellow team members.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the ActionAid community and with Regional and international levels.
- Foster and promote ActionAid’s approach to overcoming Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse (SHEA) and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk) in policies, practices, programming, stakeholder engagement etc.
- Feminist Leadership - champion feminist leadership principles and values including commitment to diversity and inclusion (race, gender, power) as outlined in the top ten basics.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence in respect to a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that all AA programs are implemented free from Anti- Slavery and Human Tracking
- Ensures protection AA IT cybersecurity and Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
- A Bachelors’ degree in Development related subjects;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an NGO environment;
- An understanding of Action Aid's M&E systems would be an advantage;
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Knowledge of data analysis software ( e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS Epi Info, ENA for SMART) and MS office suite (word- processing, spreadsheets and databases) is required;
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas;
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work on a number of projects at once;
- Willingness to travel often to rural and urban areas;
- Strong cross cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles;
- Can work both independently, and well as with others;
- Fluency in English is required, as well as at least one other South African language;
- Flexible and enthusiastic;
- Show initiative and be self-motivated;
- Driver’s License;
- High level of integrity;
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values and strategy.Strong cross-cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles.
Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter to: email@example.com by no later than 10 October 2021. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
NB: Important information to note:
- Due to Global Pandemic our office telephone number is currently affected and not fully operational and may not be answered as per normal.
- Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
- Late submissions will not be considered for position.
- AASA’S hiring principles are aligned to our values and is committed to Employment Equity and will give preference to womxn and previously disadvantaged applicants.
- ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.