Fixed Term Contract, renewal subject to availability of funds
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of ActionAid International, a federation of 47 country programmes around the world working to end global poverty and inequality. AASA is a locally registered NGO with offices in Johannesburg. AASA has recently secured a new funding contract from Rutgers and is looking to employ a project manager to manage this new contract. The Generation G partnership raises public support, advocates for improved policies and laws, and strengthens civil society as a way to contribute to gender justice. The partnership addresses three key interrelated challenges: gender-based violence, the unequal division of care and women’s lack of access to civic space. More specifically, this partnership engages an innovative gender-transformative strategy that equips youth leaders and civil society organisations (CSOs) to address the root causes of gender inequality and power imbalances. Engaging (young) men in promoting gender justice is a key component of this strategy. Next to gender-transformative approach, this partnership has fully embraced the principles of inclusiveness, meaningful and inclusive youth participation, do no harm and accountability. As youth are our key actors and key impact group, they are actively included in decision-making processes, as well as the design and implementation of key strategies
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the project and that all activities are on schedule and implemented
- Take responsibility for the compiling of all reports
- Working Closely with Monitoring and Evaluation to assess the progress of the project etc
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Manage the day to day work of the project
- Manage partner organisations and communication
- Support the work of the women’s rights programme
- Support the internal capacity building project of the women’s rights programme
- Ensure coordination innovative gender-transformative strategy that equips youth leaders and civil society organisations (CSOs) to address the root causes of gender inequality and power imbalance
- Participation and developing of donor proposal etc
- Create and coordinate lessons learning workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct capacity building for the youth innovative on gender-transformative etc ,
- Foster and promote ActionAid’s approach to overcoming Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse (SHEA) and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk) in policies, practices, programming, stakeholder engagement etc.
- Feminist Leadership - champion feminist leadership principles and values including commitment to diversity and inclusion (race, gender, power) as outlined in the top ten basics.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence in respect to a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement.
- Some knowledge of the challenges facing women/youth and children in South Africa in relation to GBV
- Ensuring that all AA programs are implemented free from Anti- Slavery and Human Tracking
- Ensures protection AA IT cybersecurity and Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent experience) in social sciences, some qualifications in gender, human rights or feminist studies is desirable
- Experience in working in civil society in South Africa preferably in the fields of women’s or youth
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas
- Willingness to travel often to rural and urban areas
- Ability to drive is essential
- Strong cross cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles
- Can work both independently, and well with others
- Ability to troubleshoot as well as have a proactive approach to administration.
- Ability to influence and generate a high degree of respect, trust and credibility.
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages will be an advantage
Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than10 October 2021. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
NB: Important information to note:
- Due to Global Pandemic our office telephone number is currently affected and not fully operational and may not be answered as per normal.
- Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
- Late submissions will not be considered for position.
- AASA’S hiring principles are aligned to our values and is committed to Employment Equity and will give preference to womxn and previously disadvantaged applicants.
- ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.