The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Gender Specialist to based in Johannesburg.
The position will entail a full-time one-year contract, renewable depending on funding. The successful candidate will work as part of CSVR’s Executive Desk.
- Provide strategic and technical support for the mainstreaming of gender into all organisational programmes and departments.
- Drive the implementation of all strategic targeted initiatives to promote gender justice across the organisation.
- Identify, initiate and maintain stakeholder relations that are critical for gender mainstreaming at a national, continental and international level.
- Provide substantive contribution to fundraising for gender mainstreaming across programmes and secure substantive funding for gender specific projects.
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, Public Policy, related Social Science qualification or equivalent
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in Gender, particularly mainstreaming and public policy analysis
- Good knowledge and understanding of national and international legal and policy instruments on gender and women’s rights
- Good knowledge of SGBV international and local best practices
- Experience in Sexual and Gender based Violence Programming
- Experience in working with national, continental and international level actors
- Experience in the non-governmental sector is an added advantage
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Organisation, programmes and financial management
- People management and empowerment
- Project Management
- Stakeholder management
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies