Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF)
3 YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
HEAD OFFICE (OBSERVATORY) AND PHILLIP VILLAGE
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organization focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
This full-time 3-year fixed-term contract position will be based at DTHF Head Office in Observatory and Study Hub in Philippi Village Cape Town. The main purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct the delivery and implementation of a large, complex study titled: Evaluate the effectiveness of youth-focused decentralized PrEP delivery: to develop and evaluate innovative models in a peri-urban setting in Cape Town to support the effective use of an expanding list of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) interventions.
(If you do not have the criteria listed below, please do not apply for this position)
- Matric plus a Tertiary Degree or Diploma in Health related field
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience in managing complex, multiple research studies and research teams independently
- Ability to manage a large donor funded budget against milestones
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and clinical trial site processes
- Clinical trial operations expertise
- Line management experience
- Excellent communication skills (English written and verbal)
- Computer literacy: MS Office
- Strong Research focus
- Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships and partnerships
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organization abilities
Clinical/ Laboratory or Bachelor of Science qualification
Experience working on clinical HIV studies and/or with adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and men who have sex with men (MSM)
Experience as a Clinical Project Manager
PASSION | INNOVATION | PROGRESS
Non-Profit Company : Registration no. 1999/005072/08 : NPO no. 148-956 Public Benefit no. 18/11/13/51
Directors: Prof R Wood; Prof L-G Bekker;
Ms Z Ebrahim (Chair); Ms T Tutu-Gxashe; Mr P Grant; Ms M K Ndebele; Dr A M Kubeka
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize
their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
- Project Management certification
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Certificate
Co-ordinate and oversee the implementation of a large complex study according to timelines
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting on studies progress
Research Support – Support research activities and ensure project delivery through managing project resources
Stakeholder engagement: maintain relationships with all key stakeholders responsible for project delivery (including Department of Health and key community stakeholders)
Study protocol implementation – Relevant study documentation are available and the study community are regularly engaged and informed
Human Resource management – Ensure work schedules are available, training needs identified, performance management of staff
Recruitment and Retention – Ensuring all studies are successfully assessed and screened according to protocol and criteria, volunteers are well informed and successfully complete the study
Manage all project service providers according to agree upon Service Level Agreements
Study Administration – Ensure that Data are accurately and timeously captured, the study protocol is implemented correctly and reports are submitted timeously
Training and coordination of staff – Ensuring work schedules are available for all staff and that training needs are identified followed by relevant training delivered
Assisting with preparation of clinical study budgets and financial oversight throughout the study against pre-determined milestones
Regular reporting to Senior Project Leads
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence Application Process and Disclaimer:
To apply, there is a two-step process:
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
- Complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link:
- Clinical Project Manager Questionnaire
- Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 27 September 2021 and include the reference number: #DTHF/C55. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
For more information on the policy of DTHF pertaining to the protection of your personal information under its control, you may contact Ms Tania Thornton at Tania.Thornton@hiv- research.org.za
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za