World Vision (WV)
Purpose of the position:
To provide support to the implementation of activities focused on young people and their mobilisation as part of the “Improving career prospects for young people in Limpopo, South Africa, by promoting vocational qualifications, soft skills and entrepreneurial skills.” Project in GaSekororo Limpopo.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating partnerships with educational institutions, government agencies and employment providers
- Visit local schools and existing youth groups to introduce the project and identify school leavers with the head teachers in GaSekororo.
- Represent the Youth Hub Project internally to other WV departments and externally to local government and the donor to ensure positive relationships are built.
- Responsible for the mobilization of young people for project activities. Develop and maintain relationships with young people, strengthening their resilience.
- Provide assistance in mentoring girls and boys in schools who are impacted by learner pregnancy and sexual harassment in accordance with the Project objectives
- Facilitate the capacity building of relevant stakeholders in the community
- Provide administrative support for the project through the procurement process and related engagements
- Collect stories of impact from the community and submit them to relevant stakeholders like government and World Vision South Africa
- Collect, collate, and report youth related activities monthly to the Management through the Monthly Management Reports and advise on matters pertaining to ongoing programmes
- Work collaboratively with the district and local structures and strengthen existing networking systems.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in devotions and Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required by the Project Facilitator and Field Operations Manager
Minimum Qualification required:
Must have a pass in Matric (Senior School Certificate) with English Higher Grade. A Diploma in the Social Sciences with a strong bias towards health, development or Education will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in similar positions
- Must have Advocacy, Facilitation and Coordination skills
- Must have experience working with communities and be knowledgeable about the project location, GaSekororo in Limpopo and have linkages with schools, chiefs, councillors, churches, clinics and other key community networks
- Good oral communication and written skills in English. Knowledge of at least two local language(s)
- Basic knowledge of child rights and child protection policies and issues
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, internet and email.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the small team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and language abilities
- Commitment to World Vision ethos,values,approaches and principles
- Driver’s license
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Based in GaSekororo Limpopo. 80% Community-based with a lot of travel
- May be called upon to work on weekends in order to meet deadlines and take compensation time off
Submission & Deadline
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Lele Ngcongwane at the email: email@example.com by Sunday the 26th of September. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.