VVOB in South Africa
Title: Education Advisor - Online Learning
Hello! We’re excited to see you found your way to this job opening.
VVOB in South Africa
VVOB South Africa, in close partnership with the Department of Basic Education, supports and strengthens teachers and school leaders to create environments where all learners can develop their full potential. We operate in a network of education departments, universities, unions, expert organisations and donors.
VVOB is looking for an Education Advisor with a specific focus on Online Learning.
The Education Advisor: Online Learning will be part of a team implementing a project starting 01/10/2021 and ending 31/03/2023. Continuation in another project is not guaranteed, but not excluded.
This project will involve Online/Blended learning resource development on Learning through Play (Math) for professional development of Foundation Phase teachers.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about online learning
- Is a self-starter and enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated
- Will work to evolve VVOB’s training delivery model to digital or blended approaches (instructional design)
- Is a fast learner and creative problem-solver
- Can easily navigate digital environments, rapidly learn about new tools, applications and software.
- Is familiar with one or more learning management systems and third-party add-ons that enhance the online learning experience.
- Is ICT proficient
- Is flexible and able to multitask
- Keeps abreast with new developments and latest research and thinking in education and understand the education sector in South Africa
This is a hands-on role that will require you to be comfortable with some routine technical support but will provide many opportunities for strategic, organisation and system level input.
This position is based at the VVOB office in Pretoria or Durban. The jobholder will report directly to the VVOB Programme Manager in Pretoria. The role may involve some travel within South Africa.
- Identify related to online learning among foundation phase educators, VVOB team members and partner organisations and implementing professional development initiatives to enhance skills for online learning
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all people involved in the interventions (partners and VVOB team);
- Initiating and following up on development of online training and related e-learning materials and provide technical advice, guidance and support in the area of online learning
- Managing learning management systems and instructional design of online learning for educators’ professional development
- Be actively involved in planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Ensure that the project is coordinated with other actors and interventions.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- South African national, based in Pretoria or Durban or willing to relocate (at own cost);
- Education: A relevant Master’s degree, or equivalent through experience and preferably an educational background
- At least five years of relevant work experience, including experience with developing and implementing online learning programmes;
- At least three years of relevant (e-learning) experience with capacity building of organisations, teams and people, preferably in strengthening government systems and structures;
- At least two years of experience in a position working closely with external stakeholders, preferably with multiple partners;
- Competencies: cooperation, continual learning and improving, and results-oriented, communication skills (listening, speaking and writing in English), reliability, 360-degree empathy, creativity in problem solving, problem analysis and judgment.
VVOB expects the person to start as soon as possible after 01/10/2021 for a contract period not exceeding the project period. VVOB in South Africa offers a competitive market related salary, also based on experience.
email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Email subject: APPLICATION_EDUCATION ADVISOR_ONLINE LEARNING
Deadline: Sunday 26 September 2021
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process, and will have reference checks before a final offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VVOB is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.