Jembi Health Systems NPC (“Jembi Health Systems” or “Jembi”) is an African-based not-for-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) based in South Africa focusing on the development of eHealth and health Information systems in developing countries.
Jembi Health Systems, would like to invite suitable qualified audit firms to submit their proposals to perform the annual U.S. Government and Statutory audit services for 3 years, annually renewable, for the financial years ending February 2022 to 2024.
Scope of Assignment
- Perform statutory audits as required by South African law and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Perform the USG audit in accordance with U.S. Government Generally accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) issued by the U.S. Government Accountability Office and the USAID Office of the Inspector General “Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients”
- Perform the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) audit in accordance with GAGAS and consistent with the requirements of 45 CFR sub part F: 75.501 to 75.520
- Plan and organize the audit, based on risk assessment, to provide satisfactory assurance that the financial statements are free of misstatement due to fraud and errors
- Evaluate the internal controls relating to the USAID and CDC funded projects, assess control risk and identify significant deficiencies including material weaknesses
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Firms should be registered in South Africa and must have been in operation at least for the last 5 years
- Firms must be approved to carry out USG audits covering both CDC and USAID
- Additionally, the firm must demonstrate experience in the audit of not for profit entities and organizations with similar registration to Jembi Health Systems
The following information should be provided:
- Certificate of incorporation/registration
- VAT Certificate
- Tax compliance certificate
- List of at least three clients within the NPO sector
- USAID and CDC specific audit experience including being approved to carry out USG audits
- Costing analysis per audit. Should include AFS (Statutory SA audit) SOE (CDC Audit) and FAS (USAID audit)
- Provide a brief about the firm. This must include a profile on past work done for clients within the same sector as Jembi Health Systems and specific experience of USG project audits
- Provide a profile of the audit services team likely to be involved in the audit process
The firm should state the methodology/approach of conducting the audits. Upon selection, the firm will be expected to provide a letter of engagement, which will also highlight the basis of the auditor’s work.
The firm should provide a quote for the provision of audit services as highlighted above. This should include projected fees for the subsequent two years.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals must be received by Thursday, September 30, 2021
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to https://www.jembi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.