Beautiful Gate Ministry (t/a Beautiful Gate SA) is a Christian non-profit organisation based in Lower Crossroads, Philippi. For more than 25 years, Beautiful Gate SA has sought to bring justice to the plight of the poor, especially the orphaned and vulnerable child. Children are at the heart of their work as they believe that the future lies with them and the restoration of their families. Beautiful Gate SA works in a holistic way in their community and have focussed their work on three critical areas: Family Strengthening, Child Health and Education. These are areas of great need within theirr South African peri-urban township context and have a significant impact on the lives of children and their families.
Based in Philippi, Cape Town – Beautiful Gate seeks to appoint a
Education Programme Manager
The Education Programme Manager is responsible for the oversight, development, and effective implementation of the after school programmes and services to all of our primary and high school learners.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Staff Management: Planning, supporting and coaching others by focusing them on the accomplishment of work objectives through active performance management and development. This is done to enhance and strengthen their respective skills and abilities that they can fulfil current and future role responsibilities more efficiently
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting: Ensuring that the programme has a plan to guide its work, and ensure that the team monitors activities in line with agreed theory of change, monitoring tools and systems, and uses monitoring data to guide learning and development.
- Service delivery: Ensuring that activities are completed in line with Programme plans, and that beneficiaries experience a high quality service, including refining and further developing the programme strategy
- Community Relations: Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships for the programme.
The Education Programme Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Post graduate. Masters or other Relevant Qualifications
- A background or significant experience in the education sector
- Practical experience in implementing and managing complex projects
- Experience in leading or participating in a strategy design process
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in education programmes
- A minimum of three years leading and developing a complex team
- Demonstrated relationship building with stakeholders across the Education sector - this may include schools, government, caregivers and funders
- Understanding of e-learning strategies. Direct experience with these strategies would be advantageous.
- Strong leadership style in leading, supervising and supporting team members with respectful confidence
- Passionate about the role of quality education in the development of children
- An innovative member of the team, involved in and committed to the Beautiful Gate mission
- Cultural intelligence
- Alignment with the Beautiful Gate core values, namely Christ-centredness, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence
- Willing to support the broader Beautiful Gate team members
The position is a permanent appointment, with a 6 month probation period.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday, 01st October 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org