The Lunchbox Fund
The Lunchbox Fund is a Non Profit Organisation that focuses on fostering education via nutrition by providing a daily meal at school for food-insecure and vulnerable children in urban, township and rural areas of South Africa. This is often the child’s only meal of the day. Our simple intervention provides a behavioural incentive for children to attend school and stay in school, an economic motivation for their impoverished and/or unemployed caretakers to keep them there, and enables children to participate and learn during the school day.
The Program Proposal/Report Writer works closely with the Managing Director (MD), to develop and produce of quarterly and bi-annual Grant Reports. This position has responsibility for the composition, narrative development and photographic aspects of the quarterly, mid- and end-of-year program reports to funders.
This is a part time, contract position: October - December 2021 with potential to become a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as lead narrative writer and composition creator for quarterly/bi-annual and annual performance reports around deliverables to the donor
- Adapt program report formats and ensure conformance with donor standards and requirements
- Include photos and maps to enhance and support reporting narrative
- Design graphics to enhance and support reporting narrative
- Work with Managing Director and Director Programs to understand project and grant development, and processes
- Obtain relevant, current, accurate, and technically sound information to shape project reports with focus on innovation and transparency
- Produce a well-written, visually stunning product
- Maintain delivery timelines and donor spreadsheet
Additional tasks as needed:
- Write, revise, and/or edit reports as needed
- Support preparation of reports development of any other related documents needed by the donor
Required Skills & Experience:
- MUST have experience in writing reports for NGO/NPOs
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum of 4 years of experience reporting on program implementation activities in NPOs to donors
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Non Profit Development, or other relevant field or relevant, proven experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel), or iWork (Pages/Numbers)
- Practical proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/ iPhoto or other related photo-graphics software
- File and maintain files in Dropbox
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience working with or knowledge of local NGOs and donors
- Knowledge of development assistance programs and organizations
- Self Starter with personal discipline
- Excellent organization and editing skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently and with diverse teams
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and changing environment, and meet strict deadlines
- Work from home
- Own computer
- Access to wifi/cellphone
- Data/airtime will be provided.
Send brief letter of introduction, Current CV/resume to Sue Wildish at: email@example.com. Renumeration according to days per week worked/experience.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the The Lunchbox Fund, refer to https://www.thelunchboxfund.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.