ARISA / INTERNEWS
ADVANCING RIGHTS IN SOUTHERN AFRICA (ARISA) / INTERNEWS
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer, South Africa Reports to: Internews Project Lead
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Internews, a consortium partner in the ARISA (Advancing Rights in Southern Africa) seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Finance, Accounting, Procurement and Logistics support to the Internews South Africa office. The position also includes administrative and partner management and support, including any other duties assigned by the Project Lead.
The position is responsible for the following:
Finance, Accounting and Administrative Support:
- Act as cashier for Internews SA cash account and pay vendors as appropriate.
- Serve as bank agent for South Africa Office bank accounts.
- Prepare wire transfer requests; make cash and cheque payments.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer request for South Africa Office operational expenses.
- Prepare vouchers and ensure appropriate supporting documentation and approvals.
- Post all expenses and transactions to the software Agresso used by Internews.
- Prepare and submit accounting month end reports.
- Provide direct support to Project Lead including filing expense reimbursements, paying, and tracking monthly bills, and other support as needed.
- Provide administration support to Internews programs, and as or as directed by the Project Lead.
- Obtain quotations and prepare documents for review and approval by the Internews Budget Authority.
- Placing of orders for approved services.
- Ensure compliance with Internews procurement policy; prepare Procurement Request forms to obtain
- Purchase Orders (PO) approvals.
- Set up, monitor, and track purchase orders.
- Prepare vendor payment by cash, cheque, or wire transfers.
- Receive and check delivery of goods or services.
- Support with hiring of local staff.
- Set up files on Internews Egnyte filing system for local hires and communicate with Regional Office to advise on Agresso set up and email creation.
- Assist with setting up equipment and connectivity for new hires.
- Communicate, in consultation with the Project Lead, with Internews HQ and Regional Office on hiring of HQ administered contracts.
- Act as local point of contact for South Africa human resources affairs, in consultation with Project Lead.
Sub-grant / Partner Management:
- Maintain communication and relationships with local and international partners, ensuring that media and civil society stakeholders are effectively involved in the project and that the project partners’ feedback is channelled back into the project management.
- Provide day to day administration of sub-grants and sub-contracts, including tracking budgets, payments, compliance, modifications and reporting and alert the project director on any performance or financial reporting issues.
- Support the Program Lead to monitor programmatic progress and capacity of sub-grants and subcontracts against agreements/contracts and work plans.
- Ensure technical, financial, and administrative compliance with Internews’ and funder sub-grant management and reporting procedures.
- Support organizational capacity assessment for sub-grantees and other partners and build their capacity in financial management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Support with selection and setting up of subgrant agreements and service contracts for partners.
- Ensure compliance with Internews procurement policy; prepare Procurement Request forms to obtain Purchase Orders (PO) approvals.
- Ensure compliance with Internews travel policy for lodging, per diems, and other travel expenses.
- Ensure compliance with Internews accounting procedures.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of assets.
- Vetting policy compliance.
Experience and technical skills
- Four years’ experience in general accounting and finance in a non-profit organization or non-profit environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Computer literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Training will be provided on Internews programs and system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent.
- All qualifications must be compliant with the South Africa Qualifications Authority (SAQA) requirements.
Submission and deadline
If you believe you meet these requirements, please send in your CV with three contactable references to email@example.com by Friday, September 24, 2021.
Internews Network is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.