Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
Africa Centre for HIV and AIDS Management in the World of Work
As part of a strategic growth plan, the Stellenbosch University Africa Centre for HIV/AIDS Management is seeking to recruit a Programme Manager. The Centre has been running successfully since 2000 and is known for its popular postgraduate diploma and MPhil in HIV/AIDS Management in the World of Work. We believe that the Centre is the employer of choice because our teaching staff can work within the three streams of teaching, research and community interaction. The Centre is committed to social justice, to teaching that is socially impactful in reducing the spread of HIV and to responding to the practical skills needed to end HIV/AIDS. Applicants with a solid record of accomplishment in higher education academic programme administration and marketing coordination, communications, financial and project management and office management have an advantage.
- Managing end-to-end provision of the Centre’s postgraduate diploma, MPhil and PhD programmes in HIV/AIDS Management, from the start of recruitment to internal University processes, including actively contributing to the delivery of programmes to ensure the optimised student experience;
- Contributing to the development and deployment of enhanced academic quality assurance mechanisms, practices, and protocols for positive student experiences;
- Building and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships and engagements with partners, alumni, student markets, contributing faculty, internal Africa Centre teams, etc.;
- Proactively dealing with queries or problems, and escalating to appropriate colleagues if necessary;
- Actively identifying opportunities and partnerships to enhance student recruitment and enrolment and improving the experience and overall end-to-end value of graduate programme delivery;
- Managing the Centre’s programme budgets and costs, with a responsibility for flagging cost issues with the Director and ensuring appropriate remedial action is taken to resolve issues;
- Actively championing the quality assurance of the Centre’s programmes and liaising with the University Registrar and Customer Experience team to ensure the Centre and University’s quality standards are fully implemented;
- Supervising and managing the programme administration staff.
Programme delivery requirements:
- Responsible for the up-front planning, procurement of programme materials and co-ordination of programmes, closely with the Academic Coordinator/Programme Manager, based on the systems and processes set in place i.e. Welcome communications, core reading material procurement, etc.
- Follow strategic and programme plans, tracking milestones and deliverables (spanning preparation, participant communications, faculty briefings, qualifications verifications, academic qualification records etc.).
- Plan for and prepare timely pre and post programme administration & communications with students as required.
- Ensuring that those working in the coordination and teaching of programmes implement the current academic policies and procedures of the University as communicated by the Office of the Registrar;
- Assisting with the preparation of annual programme reports and the collation of other data to evidence the effective provision of programmes and to support the development of enhancements.
- At least a university degree in management or administration, with a minimum of five to six years’ management experience in a project management/operations or administration role in a high-pressure environment;
- Senior management experience in project management/operations/administration roles in high-pressure environments;
- Significant experience in budgetary management and administration, with financial and management accounting acumen;
- Superior management and organisational skills, highly organised, task driven and the ability to work independently with initiative and a hands-on execution style;
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships with external and internal stakeholders;
- Budgetary management experience and financial and management accounting acumen;
- Flexibility in a multi-cultural and diverse team environment and a willingness to take on extra work as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Innovative and creative problem-solving with the ability to support process improvement and transformation projects;
- Advanced MS Office skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of SharePoint document libraries and flows or similar platforms.
Commencement of duties: 1 November 2021
Closing date: 30 September 2021
Enquiries regarding this post: Dr. Vuyiseka Dubula-Majola on 021 808 3755, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753 or at email@example.com
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.